Srinath

There are 3 kinds of fat in a human body and in most other animals. Actually, probably more, cos the brain is nearly all fat - omega 3 FA's.

I'll just stay with humans, but people who render animals can pitch in about animals if they like.

But, starting from the top. Literally -

Brown fat. Neck and brain stem area. 20 gm or so worth. Lose this and major health problems, very very essential fat. But this fat is heavily protected, to the extent, you will erode organs before hitting this.

White fat. This is everything you see. Relatively in consequential except for appearance. Provides you with fuel for a famine when needed. Can be several 100 lbs and not cause issues. Looks bad mostly, especially if its in the wrong places on the wrong gender LOL.

Visceral fat. This is behind the abdominal wall, between and in some organs (liver and pancreas) maybe 20 gm worth. This is the cause of 90%+ of health problems in the world. This is why a 400 lb smoker drinker doesn't have diabetes, while a 120 lb clean living guy could - Both are Co-workers of mine.

Non alcoholic Fatty liver disease is about 10-12 gm in your liver.

Type 2 Diabetes is 1 gm in your pancreas.

So far its pretty clean and accepted as fact by the medical community.

Someone who develops a nano particle that when injected into you blood stream will get to the pancreas and get this fat out and flush it will be a gazillionaire.

Or - S/he'll be persecuted as a criminal by the pharma industry.

How to get rid of it.

OK complete conflict here. Some doctors say clean good food, some say lose weight, say you have 20 gm of this and 200 lb extra white fat, you lose 100 of the white, 10 of this goes with it. Some say you have to lose most of 200 of the white fat before you start on this.

My thought is this. I do believe good food habits will keep it from getting deposited. But once it is there, you have to lose most of the bad fat before this will go. Once it does go, you have to stay in a fat burning mode and go to a clean eating habit for a while to disable the visceral deposit mechanism.

That 20 gm (or whatever it was/is) is what I am trying to get rid of. It may be accurately (or inaccurately) measured by a BIA scale, but one thing even the inaccurate ones do apparently is correctly detect changes in it. Say it read 25. And 6 months later it read 12.5. That means 1/2 of it is lost.

The beauty is, when its gone and stays gone, you can do anything you like and not have any health problems. I think it still doesn't cover smoking though or microbe related ailments, but just for food - anything goes. I'll keep you guys posted when the scale shows up and how I go from here.

Worst case I can measure impedance of these new klipsch'es I got right.

Cool.

Srinath.

Oh, my doctor told me earlier today, you get your gut micro-biome (he wasn't that a 90's movie with Pauly Shore ???) right, you can pretty much forget about getting any microbe related illness. apparently most of your immune system is in your intestines and the bacteria in it.

Thanks.

Srinath.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Srinath said:

There are 3 kinds of fat in a human body

I have plenty of all three, maby a 4th ?

45 minutes ago, Srinath said:

apparently most of your immune system is in your intestines

So when my wife tells me I'm full of sheet it's almost a compliment, it means I'm healthy. :emotion-21:

You have investigated this WAY more then the average person, now the hard part, putting it to use to be more healthy. Good luck, if a guinea pig is needed to show how not to do it look no further I can give ideas. :unsure:

Research and proof is easily available. Look up "Dr Fung Fasting" - I'd suggest Intermittent fasting - but that sends you down the rabbit hole of body builders and their BCAA's and carb loading and what not.

This is the good news for you.

1. Till you hit the diabetic check point, you dont have do to nothing. Because its so effective, you can kill it rather quickly and permanently.

2. Alcohol, especially hard liquor, especially the good stuff, is good for insulin sensitivity and will postpone it, as will apple cider vinegar and a lot of other things.

3. High intensity exercise is futile if you're really fasting past the 4 day mark, and if you're avoiding carbs. Its down right counterproductive if you're doing both. Light exercise is almost required, and till I started slinging audio from place to place I was doing good on it. I restarted last week in a pathetically cold day and got frost bike in 30 seconds flat.

Get a good set of labs on your bio markers especially visceral fat and insulin level before you start, it is easy to see the progress there, and you will not have time to get it after you start, because you will be done by your next annual physical.

A DSM-BIA machine (or I've heard some gym's offer body scans) is almost a must. Easy to see progress there even if the weight stays the same.

Avoid anything made by a factory till you find how it affects you exactly. At the component level. For example I was drinking atkins shakes till sept 17th when I started IF. Promptly the stalled @ 219 lbs weight started falling off. I believed everyone who said sucralose is to blame. Nope, the last 3 days on sucralose, I lost just about 2 lbs. My normal loss rate. Sucralose dont cause a stall for me, its likely the massive AUC of Whey. I should eat straight whey for 10 days and check. LOL.

Cool.

Srinath.

Oh, apparently sumo wrestlers don't have most of the health problems associated with 400 lb+ 5'5" people.

They have no visceral fat, and their routine of High intensity training in fasted state then binge eating and going to sleep makes for no visceral fat.

I dunno, I don't have the time, space or the equipment right now to train with any intensity other than walking around the parking lot. I'll try doing to with big *** dumbells and see if that does something.

Cool.

Srinath.

I had blood tests on Jan 13 and got the numbers back. Fasting insulin of 0.8. My doctor actually had to verify if that didn't break some type of theoretical barrier. He then came back and said, he never sees them that low, but its extremely good. I also got a DSM-BIA weight scales. That guy has been showing 3 or 4 for visceral fat, and under 9 is considered normal, lower the better. Its in the same zone as my teenage son.

Its also saying my body age is as 29-33 at various weigh in's.

I turned 48 ~2 weeks ago.

I am going to start on some weight training and even some aerobic activity, but life and the move being what it is, I doubt anything will happen for 6 months cos I gotta build the 1/2 of the house that's well ... not there.

Cool.

Srinath.

• Like 1