Klipsch KSW 15

Borisravel

Just one thing, I'm French, and technical words are rarely right in a translator...

Ok, here is a pic.

20170114_104057 - Copie.jpg

Now, there's another problem. In my room, a normal listening volume is reached with the preamp knob at 8 o'clock. At this position, there is not enough power in the sub out. At maximum sum amp volume, I can hardly listen to the subwoofer. Likewise, there is not power enough to use the auto power.

I found this solution: to use a XLR -20db attenuator. But I don't know this accessory, isn't bad for sound quality ?

So you have the high cut set at 75 Hz and the gain maxed on the sub...and you say it's either too quiet or too loud - never just right...so there's an immediate spike in how loud the sub is, correct?  Do you have another amplifier you could test that sub on?

I have LS speakers and 2 mono 200w power amp. With these speakers, I can't go above of 9 o'clock with the preamp volume knob. But at this position, subwoofer is too quiet.

If I switch off my 2 power amps, and go to 10 or 11 o'clok with the preamp, the sub works perfectly, but at this volume, I'll become deaf immediatly.

So, the solution I've found is to reduce the signal between the preamp and the power amps, in this way, I'll be able to go up above 11 o'clock with the LS.

• 4 weeks later...

I would probably just try a rca style male Y adapter to two female RCA outs, and send the same signal to both the sub and the amplifier from your preamp. You would lose the pre-amp's built in crossover but it is not really needed since you can control the crossover frequency at the subwoofer.  This is what I do for my audio system since my vintage preamp does not have a subwoofer out and it works great.  I probably have my subwoofer gain set to about 9 o-clock and can easy drive it to full output while keeping it balanced with my main speakers.