PISSED OFF about "Heritage"

Sorry, it has been a long time since I have been active, but this got me motivated to say something!

Is anyone else here ticked off about the 2 new models that Klipsch is calling "HERITAGE"?

"Heritage" Has ALWAYS denoted speakers that were designed by Paul or that Paul was directly involved with!

Does anyone else here feel that this is a ploy by marketing to sell speakers by abusing this sacred term?

I could at most stomach "Heritage Inspired", but feel calling them Heritage is taking a dump on Paul's work!

Anyone else here feel similarly? Please sound off!

Roger

• Like 2

Heritage-inspried would make more sense for the new wireless collection. I am perfectly fine with the Forte III getting the Heritage name. Paul was involved in the originals, and Roy working with Paul on the Forte II qualifies the III and Roy's designs to be in the Heritage family.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Sorry, it has been a long time since I have been active, but this got me motivated to say something!

Is anyone else here ticked off about the 2 new models that Klipsch is calling "HERITAGE"?

"Heritage" Has ALWAYS denoted speakers that were designed by Paul or that Paul was directly involved with!

Does anyone else here feel that this is a ploy by marketing to sell speakers by abusing this sacred term?

I could at most stomach "Heritage Inspired", but feel calling them Heritage is taking a dump on Paul's work!

Anyone else here feel similarly? Please sound off!

Roger

Hi Rog

I , on face value agree, however i think because "WE" have made the "Heritage" what it is today, marketing is just running with a winner.

• Like 2

I truly understand where you are coming from Roger I really do. I do not completely agree with it either. However, if it is a Klipsch decision I find myself in a position to have to trust the judgement. As long as Roy is around whether or not he is or isn't involved in a given project, I feel confident that Klipsch will continue to move in the correct directions.

• Like 2

Roger,

I think that Klipsch would survive the long haul perhaps better by investing in better products now, the kind of thinking that PWK instilled.  I believe that just producing products that meet a short term market niche will begin to change the culture of the organization into thinking that cheaper and less capable products produced today are better than longer term investment in designs and products that will sustain their brand over the long term. 

I don't see a lot of emphasis, for instance, on making their most capable loudspeaker model (the Klipschorn II...re-designated the Jubilee by PWK himself) more palatable for the consumer marketplace.  I do see a sustained emphasis on "smaller loudspeakers" instead.  To exchange sound quality for size is commonplace and easy.  To retain the qualities that put Klipsch on the map and sustained them over the long haul--via sound quality and reliability--is more difficult, and even more difficult to retain in the managerial culture of the organization.  Even Detroit still has premium product divisions that have survived the test of time.  They redesign their premium products periodically to stay current.  Klipsch?  Retiring the Palladium line without replacement seems a bit worrisome.

It think there is a general concern that Klipsch might be tending to ride on its reputation and brand rather than the outstanding performance of its best loudspeakers.  Look at the reliability of some of its more recent products (Stadium, etc.).  ProMedia has also seemed to have reported reliability issues on the forum. Using less expensive MDF and other polymer materials for structural elements also has been reported as quality control (gluing and fastening) issues in the past, etc.

In my opinion, those are subjects that are much more relevant to be worried about than a product series brand name.  PWK, the man, has passed.  Who's in charge now and what is their product making philosophy?  What is it like to work for Klipsch? 

These are more important indicators that I've found than names.

Chris

• Like 5

I respect Paul's legacy and from what I have read, Roy is doing an excellent job of living up to the lofty goal of keeping his philosophies alive. It would be more gratifying to me if the "Heritage" demarcation be restricted to products made in Hope (or elsewhere in the US). Keeping these fine, dedicated people employed is worth more than any "concept". I made my first and only trip to the factory in Hope in the early 80's when I traveled Arkansas working with the numerous shoe factories in that great state. By the mid 90's most were shut or running at 20% capacity. Many families out of work. I now run a manufacturing company that employs just over 70 full time workers and it warms my heart every time I walk through the shop and see the production. Most of the "trendy" smaller products will be sent overseas for mass production, but keep our oversized favorite Heritage speakers production here.

But I'm pretty sure they don't care what I think. Carry on!

• Like 7

Roger, I honestly don't care.  Klipsch can call whatever they want, whatever they want....  I will never buy anything "new" from Klipsch anyway,(maybe other than headphones) because all of what they have previously termed "Heritage" is highly satisfactory to me, and meets my audio needs 1000%.....And, I fully support Mookie's views above absolutely.

• Like 2

How can you be pissed at this?

Klipsch Ces 2017 The Fifteens

It might not be worthy of the Heritage name, as neither Roy nor PWK had anything to do with it.  But this does not appear to be Voxx bleeding the name.  This particular speaker looks like one of the best, most Klipsch-like, bad *** new designs they've uncorked in ages.

• Like 4

It's not worth getting stressed over,  this is in fact a new day, and thought the branding of the current speakers being elevated to a place of prominence. It is very unlikely that there will be a retraction.  

when you consider that the khorn,Lasalle ,Cornwall, heresy, possibly belle,all have something in common.

whatever came after does not, and should not really be classified as heratage. All of klipsch speakers  are heratage inspired. For those who have the original has bragging rights. These new speakers will find it's niche with a different generation of listeners. They will come to the forum and be encouraged to try the path that brought them to where they are. 

from what I can see the company is doing what pwk did.make a dam good speaker get it sold, most of us here won't sell what we have to purchase a the current price,to keep klipsch in buiness . 

3 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I see it as a reason to keep the old alive...A lot of you are doing this, History is in the making.....:D

This. If it helps the company stay alive and sell their product by all means do it. Many companies rely on the heritage to promote their stuff. I'll bet Paul would be proud of some of their new stuff. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

This. If it helps the company stay alive and sell their product by all means do it. Many companies rely on the heritage to promote their stuff. I'll bet Paul would be proud of some of their new stuff. 

You are right, He would be proud, audio technology will forever keep expanding, I think Paul would be up on and in it...

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's just a marketing thing, which is completely different form an engineering thing, and they don't always agree.

IMO

Heritage should only be what original designs that got you this far, your Heritage............. DUH...................but I'm not in marketing or even an employee so I can't say how they run anything. 

Myself....I would have said Heritage inspired style or look, at most, because that is the look they were going for, but not Heritage.

• Like 2

Roger. I hear ya bro.  We appreciate your respect.

But you know, PWK was a Great Audio Engineer.  He was even better a combo of a business man and a Great Audio Engineer.  There were some great audio engineers in his day...competitors and such...who could have been be on par with the "Smarts".  However, this man...this Legend....could land big speakers in your living room and generate profits.  That made him great.

Klipsch has all kinds of higher ups....business minded ... that we forum/Klipsch lovers could far from understand.  But PWK would want Klipsch to continue to "Land" those speakers in your living room.  Big or Small with names that "sell".

Technicality....I guess.  I hear your voice and you certainly have an honorary point.  But....I seem to be more excited than I have been in a long time about Klipsch.  Call Forte III what you want.....  What I call it.......... Is a new Home Audio speaker that will land in my bedroom as soon as it is available.

cheers 

jc

• Like 5

As long as Klipsch does not go the route Altec-Lansing did relying on computer speakers, wireless junk and now tablets. Making sub-par products sold at best buy or whatever may bring in extra money but in many ways dumping on the good Klipsch reputation, its a fine line to walk just don't slip and end up on the wrong side of things.

• Like 3