PISSED OFF about "Heritage"

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Besides the fact that he gets pissed off at pretty much anything, and easily?  Probably not.  Is thread drift now a crime?

That wasn't thread  drift,  the ratings/sensitivity thread was ugly and contentious, was just trying to head that off at the pass.  

Then Chris had his statement about standards, KGI, and the Sr. Delgado which I tried to answer, and now we should be back to square one.  

Drift Away

Day after day I'm more confused
So I look for the light in the pouring rain
You know that's a game that I hate to lose
I'm feelin' the strain, ain't it a shame

Oh, give me the beat boys, and free my soul
I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Beginning to think that I'm wastin' time
I don't understand the things I do
The world outside looks so unkind
I'm countin' on you to carry me through

And when my mind is free
You know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue
The guitar's comin' through to soothe me
Thanks for the joy that you've given me
I want you to know I believe in your song
Rhythm and rhyme and harmony
You help me along makin' me strong

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

A company has to purchase the "book" from IEC, used to be 12K.  AES went to making their standards available to anyone who wants them, not just members.  Roy and Kerry both stated in the thread about sensitivity ratings, how they test, etc. is from AES because that is what they are members of, some of them life members.  Maybe you didn't see the thread.  The main reason for bringing it up was a thread crap, if you want to discuss standards and methodologies there is that other thread or you can start another one.  It doesn't have anything to do with Roger's OP.

Everyone knows what KGI is, I have been dealing on transactions  with them related to the Museum and then abbreviate Klipsch Group, Inc. to KGI.  It's 3 letters vs 7 so it will probably be force of habit for a while.  This has to do with putting Heritage on products how?  

I suggested naming it a Delgado because it is thin and to honor Roy's work on the speaker and the II.  Roy came back  "more like Sr. Delgado."  It was in two separate threads different than this one.  Why bring it up here? 

If you have any more questions or want to discuss something further post it in the appropriate thread or shoot me a PM and I will be happy to discuss it in the appropriate place.

" Roy and Kerry both stated in the thread about sensitivity"

You are talkin speakers, not people , Right?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pauln said:

Regarding the picture in this thread of the speaker with the big woofer and feet, ("How can you be pissed at this?"), I would answer by asking, "After all the decades of PWK's research, why am I looking at clear violations of the eight cardinal rules?", just one being the feet elevating it to form a cavity. PWK himself wrote research results of the catastrophic effects of placing speakers up off the floor like that.

Catastrophic!

Well, since you called my post out, might I suggest one of these as the answer for your grave concerns:

Image result for hammer

You can use it to knock the feet off the Fifteens, or even to smash them to smithereens if it makes you feel better.

Since I was 18 years old right up to today at age 57 I have only owned and will only own Klipsch speakers.

But.........what "Heritage" means to me is this..........the only components I would use in any of my systems today or any stereo I would put together today from the picture below is the Khorn and Lascala bass cabinets, and only those two bass cabinets.  Nothing else in that picture.  Klipsch has significantly improved their horns and drivers such that everything in picture is out performed by succeeding products.

I have a pair of stock cornwalls like in that picture and 1 stock lascala and I can't stand to listen to etiher of them.  I have two pairs of Heresys (stock) that I am waiting for my son to take.........but he doesn't want them.

I applaud Klipsch for all their evolving components and new products and in keeping up and even leading the industry in the many segments of audio.

Keep going Klipsch and leave the past in the past.

img0421 - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

@twistedcrankcammer

Roger,

I think I found something today which may partially address your original question.

A Klipsch brochure from 1994 mentioned a "Heritage Line".  The 1992 did not mention anything about "Heritage".  I don't have a brochure from 1993.  So in either 1993, but certainly by 1994 Klipsch was marketing a "Heritage Line" in their brochures.

In 1994 it specifically included:

Heresy II

Forte II

Quintet

Chorus

LS

Belle, and

Klipschorn 

The Heritage Line appears to have been in every brochure since then, with some products being deleted, and added back, over time.

Travis

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Tasdom said:

If the Quintet was considered Heritage, Roger is gonna go ballistic!

I hope not, it was a marketing thing, as I suspected all along.  I think previous responses have discussed and/or suggested this.  

I think they wanted to start right off the bat with we are going to protect and preserve the original products, plus what had added while Paul still owned the company.

The point is that was created after the company was sold by PWK.  That line is still there after 20 years.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2017 at 2:26 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

I know as Roy has said so to me himself, but I would differentiate Pauls designs as Heritage and others that
Paul had his hands in such as Chorus, Forte', and Quartet as "Extended Heritage", NOT Heritage. Agree with Budman that "Heritage" means the Big 5.

Roger

I have always thought of it this exact same way.

I own extended heritage Chorus II's Forte's and Forte II's

Title on topic is Pissed off about Heritage....got to say why would this piss you off?

Man...... there is a lot of things in life to piss you off....but this

George,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldred said:

I have always thought of it this exact same way.

I own extended heritage Chorus II's Forte's and Forte II's

Title on topic is Pissed off about Heritage....got to say why would this piss you off?

Man...... there is a lot of things in life to piss you off....but this

George,

Because under the new owners / Audiovox, they are bringing out brand new designs that PWK never lived to even see, let alone have any input what-so-ever, and calling them Heritage to move their new JUNK!!

Roger

The term "Heritage" for CERTAIN Klipsch speakers came about from the marketing department after PWK sold the company to his distant kin up in Indiana...TECHNICALLY, "Heritage" Klipsch speakers do NOT include anything that was not in manufacture at the time of that designation, and on that list they used to denote certain speakers as the "Heritage" Line.  People are getting all kinds of "bent out-of-shape" over a marketing scam, IMHO!  GO get a stiff drink and RELAX while listening to your favorite music through whatever Klipsch speakers you listen to...after all, the true HERITAGE of Klipsch is to enjoy the sound they make!  "Don't worry...be happy!"

• Like 3

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 7:53 PM, jwc said:

Roger. I hear ya bro.  We appreciate your respect.

But you know, PWK was a Great Audio Engineer.  He was even better a combo of a business man and a Great Audio Engineer.  There were some great audio engineers in his day...competitors and such...who could have been be on par with the "Smarts".  However, this man...this Legend....could land big speakers in your living room and generate profits.  That made him great.

Klipsch has all kinds of higher ups....business minded ... that we forum/Klipsch lovers could far from understand.  But PWK would want Klipsch to continue to "Land" those speakers in your living room.  Big or Small with names that "sell".

Technicality....I guess.  I hear your voice and you certainly have an honorary point.  But....I seem to be more excited than I have been in a long time about Klipsch.  Call Forte III what you want.....  What I call it.......... Is a new Home Audio speaker that will land in my bedroom as soon as it is available.

cheers

jc

The simple FACT is....PWK went in the hole trying to "...land big speakers in your living room and generate profits."  It wasn't until AFTER the Heresy came along that profits actually started to happen!  And it was the huge sales of HERESY speakers which made the company profitable and KEPT it profitable for over two decades!!  From the early 1960's thru to the late 1980's the company was sitting on profits generated PRIMARILY by the Heresy model.  If that speaker had not been in the line, the company would have "died on the vine" before the end of the 1960's.  Lots of time and effort went into improvements on the Hersey model from its inception thru the 1980's...WHY???...because it was the BREAD WINNER!

PWK knew it...and he even used the Heresy in his demonstrations at dealers...he would set up a Heresy IN FRONT OF each K-horn...NOT a Cornwall, but a HERESY....and go into his spiel on horn-loaded  speakers while his "audience" was hearing the Heresy speakers...and many of them THOUGHT they were listening to the K-horns...then he would slyly switch over to the K-horns, and the "audience" was wowed by them...but most of them bought the Heresy simply because it fit their needs better (to ESPECIALLY include the needs of their wallets!).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

The term "Heritage" for CERTAIN Klipsch speakers came about from the marketing department after PWK sold the company to his distant kin up in Indiana...TECHNICALLY, "Heritage" Klipsch speakers do NOT include anything that was not in manufacture at the time of that designation, and on that list they used to denote certain speakers as the "Heritage" Line.  People are getting all kinds of "bent out-of-shape" over a marketing scam, IMHO!  GO get a stiff drink and RELAX while listening to your favorite music through whatever Klipsch speakers you listen to...after all, the true HERITAGE of Klipsch is to enjoy the sound they make!  "Don't worry...be happy!"

Best post in this thread.

It's called survival. The business has to use marketing ideas to reach out to new customers any way they can. Maybe the term Heritage based, or Heritage inspired would be a good choice. They could use these terms to help sell every item they produce if it keeps their business going. I would rather see them use any term and see the company survive than not use it and suffer. Does anybody know the percentage of total Klipsch sales for the Heritage line?

35 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

The simple FACT is....PWK went in the hole trying to "...land big speakers in your living room and generate profits."  It wasn't until AFTER the Heresy came along that profits actually started to happen!  And it was the huge sales of HERESY speakers which made the company profitable and KEPT it profitable for over two decades!!  From the early 1960's thru to the late 1980's the company was sitting on profits generated PRIMARILY by the Heresy model.  If that speaker had not been in the line, the company would have "died on the vine" before the end of the 1960's.  Lots of time and effort went into improvements on the Hersey model from its inception thru the 1980's...WHY???...because it was the BREAD WINNER!

PWK knew it...and he even used the Heresy in his demonstrations at dealers...he would set up a heresy IN FRONT OF each K-horn...NOT a Cornwall, but a HERESY....and go into his spiel on horn-loaded  speakers while his "audience" was hearing the Heresy speakers...and many of them THOUGHT they were listening to the K-horns...then he would slyly switch over the K-horns, and the "audience was wowed by them...but most of them bought the Heresy simply because it fit their needs better (to include the needs of their wallets!).

Preach it brother. I actually see pretty good movement in the heritage realm from Voxx. The new Forte III was a great move. The limited edition Klipsch speakers are cool as well. Very nice veneers as options. To be devils advocate it is fair to say that they are over using heritage as a term but it is also the most attention that has been paid to heritage in a long time. Hard to blame them for that. Bravo Voxx! They are also playing hard on American made, hand made, and playing on the mystique of PWK. Pretty cool. That isn't even going into the cool developments in the cinema line. Klipsch future is looking good.

• Like 1

If Klipsch REALLY wanted to do something with the Heritage they would get rid of those crappy exponential mid horns and install something decent like the modified tractrix they design and bring those speakers into the 21st century.............along with PWKs Heritage bass bins.  Then you would have something that really sounded nice.

I skipped to the end (short attention span and lack of patience). 

"Heritage" are designs that PK was involved with on an intimate level. 

Klipschorn

LaScala

Belle Klipsch

Chorus

Forte

Quartet

Notice that all others have a "number" in their model identification. 

Marketing is now now playing fast and loose with the term - and I'm calling "bullshit".  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deang said:

I skipped to the end (short attention span and lack of patience). 

"Heritage" are designs that PK was involved with on an intimate level. 

Klipschorn

LaScala

Belle Klipsch

Chorus

Forte

Quartet

Notice that all others have a "number" in their model identification. 

Marketing is now now playing fast and loose with the term - and I'm calling "bullshit".  

No Cornwall or Hersey in the Heritage Line Dean?

tc