When Alien Cultures Communicate, will it start with music?

WMcD

Were there aspect of Deliverance used in Close Encounters?

Specifically, could different cultures communicate through music where a transmission is intially mimiced and then expanded upon.

Consider https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsC4kf6x_Q0

and then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AphKxQ2NsQo

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ey_pSRBV0

WMcD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WMcD said:

Could different cultures communicate through music where a transmission is initially mimicked and then expanded upon.

I must assume this has happened time and again throughout evolution.

If you mean aliens, aliens, I can only hope it's through music. Well, unless it's the Jaws theme...

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:48 AM, moray james said:

don't kid yourself they want what we have and they want it badly.

That's where I'm at.  The probes that NASA sends out advertising our whereabouts are stupid.  Any being that's clever enough to come by the planet Earth will most certainly view us as primitive beings that might be worth managing, like livestock. 

I don't question if "intelligent" life is out there, I've assumed that it is, it's hostile and we've been lucky up till now.

• Like 1

The Lone Ranger broadcasts, radio and television, have been leaving Earth at the speed of light for nearly a century.  Any sentient being with the capability of visiting Earth will recognize the significance of those radio signals.  They wouldn't need the physical evidence that is crawling through space at a tiny fraction of the speed of light.

47 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The Lone Ranger broadcasts, radio and television, have been leaving Earth at the speed of light for nearly a century.  Any sentient being with the capability of visiting Earth will recognize the significance of those radio signals.  They wouldn't need the physical evidence that is crawling through space at a tiny fraction of the speed of light.

Viewing a masked creature riding on an enslaved sub species, what must they think?

JJK

On 1/13/2017 at 8:04 PM, WMcD said:

could different cultures communicate through music where a transmission is intially mimiced and then expanded upon.

That occurred here in earth centuries ago. And if there exist life (intelligent or otherwise) on other planets, within or beyond our galaxy, I would assume it's safe to say the same.