Go NE Patriots!!!!

Pats3of4

Time for Mr. Pats3of4 to update his forum name to Pats5of7.

+++

Mike and Mike just reported the overnight ratings. Superbowl LI was big but not as big as last year.

The game, which saw the Patriots make the largest comeback in Super Bowl history, brought in an overnight rating of 48.8, according to Nielsen. That's down slightly from last year, which saw a 49.0 overnight rating, and the year before, which had a 49.7.

Still, it is Fox's best metered market rating ever, according to the network.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/06/media/super-bowl-ratings-patriots-falcons/index.html

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Does that make Brady greatest QB of all time?

Yes.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

I've always thought that title belonged to Joe Montana.

It did, until last night.;)

If "greatest"  is made up of, consistency(entire career), wins, SB's, SB wins, efficient, SBMVP's, leadership, work ethic, etc., etc., etc., then yes Brady is the GOAT. 

I still think Manning is the General but not the GOAT.

Bill

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The important thing is we can give our full attention to hockey now.

Exactly I never understood how the nfl and football in general is the most popular sport in America. 16 game seasons and about 20-22 min of actual gameplay time out of a 60 minute game.  Has to be the short schedule that people find attractive I have no idea mind boggling to me. 

8 hours ago, willland said:

Yes.

It did, until last night.;)

If "greatest"  is made up of, consistency(entire career), wins, SB's, SB wins, efficient, SBMVP's, leadership, work ethic, etc., etc., etc., then yes Brady is the GOAT. 

I still think Manning is the General but not the GOAT.

Bill

I still think Manning is over rated and am fairly certain there is a story to the ped issue.  I also still hold to the ATL collapse theory, they did similar in the regular season I believe against the Chiefs, although the obvious is it was a little of both. 

Manning is not mentioned when people speak of Montana and Brady as the two best.  However, Brady can't take the pressure and it showed in the last game.  Only once he got the untouched protection back did he start making accurate enough passes, and of course not sacked.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I also still hold to the ATL collapse theory

They did collapse in conjunction with NE's superb, almost flawless play the last 25 minutes of the game.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I still think Manning is over rated

I can't disagree more but that is why we have opinions.

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

am fairly certain there is a story to the ped issue.

I really want to think(hope) no to that.

Bill

That's why you need a lot of stars at the end of the new record signifying---one star for steroids, one for the kickoff rule, one for the extra point rule, one for the receiver catch rule, one for the defensive holding rule, one for the offensive holding rule, one for the hitting of the quarterback rule in the helmut, one for the quarterback rule hitting below the knees,

one for the crackback block, one for the what is a touchdown rule, one for the unsportsmanlike conduct rule, one for the replay rule, one for the wearing of a cast on your arm knocking the opposing lineman unconscious rule, one for the stickum rule, one for the stickum receiver gloves rule, one for the facemask rule, yadda,yadda, yadda.

JJK

On 1/14/2017 at 6:26 AM, Pats3of4 said:

I know most of the country hates the Pats.  I am a huge fan.

At 43, I endured the pre Drew Bledsoe and Parcells era.  I watched those dark years of Rod Rust and Dick Macphereson coaching.  Tommy Hodson and Hugh Millen as the QB's.

This run is coming to a close but this year could be another SB!

The worst era for me was the Eason era....worst QB they ever had.....if he felt any type of pressure at all he just flopped on the ground like a mackeral

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I still think Manning is over rated and am fairly certain there is a story to the ped issue.  I also still hold to the ATL collapse theory, they did similar in the regular season I believe against the Chiefs, although the obvious is it was a little of both. 

Manning is not mentioned when people speak of Montana and Brady as the two best.  However, Brady can't take the pressure and it showed in the last game.  Only once he got the untouched protection back did he start making accurate enough passes, and of course not sacked.

I think Manning can carry his team way better than Brady. Brady has always had a MUCH better team around him than Manning. Give Manning an unlimited amount of time to throw the ball and watch the magic happen. Brady also had the best coaching ever. There's 6-8 current QBs that would excel as much as Brady if they were with the Patriots. 

7 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I think Manning can carry his team way better than Brady. Brady has always had a MUCH better team around him than Manning. Give Manning an unlimited amount of time to throw the ball and watch the magic happen. Brady also had the best coaching ever. There's 6-8 current QBs that would excel as much as Brady if they were with the Patriots. 

No chance.  Brady has not always had better teams.  To do what hes done over a 16 year period is unprecedented.  There are only 22 players on this team that faced the Seahawks.  Both Mannings have had their star players.

Patriots did this without their star skill player....