Go NE Patriots!!!!

Pats3of4

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Did anyone see Joe Namath during one of the pre game shows, I was quite surprised how good he looked at 73 years old.

Yes, I think he's put on a few pounds, which actually benefits him.  When he was really thin, he looked pretty bad.

12 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I think Manning can carry his team way better than Brady. Brady has always had a MUCH better team around him than Manning. Give Manning an unlimited amount of time to throw the ball and watch the magic happen. Brady also had the best coaching ever. There's 6-8 current QBs that would excel as much as Brady if they were with the Patriots. 

Brady drafted 6th round 199th....Julian Edelman was a 7th round pick....James White 4th round pick....Malcolm Butler undrafted....Chris Hogan Undrafted.....and Danny Amendola Undrafted....

Seems to me like Brady gets the most out of players that not a lot of other teams want.

The "bargain" draft results regarding Brady, Montana, Edelman,etc., not to mention the "bust" draft results regarding Manziel, Mandarich, etc. makes me question the ability of professional scouts and general managers to accurately predict the likelihood of success at the professional level.   The same concept makes the star ratings of high school athletes even more suspect.  Some live up to the advance billings at each level; many do not.

It's impossible to tease out the impact of Belichick upon Brady from the impact of Brady upon Belichick.  There seems to be a synergistic result.  

It would be nice to see them both retire while on top.  What do they have to prove?

11 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

There seems to be a synergistic result.  

I'd say 75% Belichick, 25% Brady.  Ol' Bill has it going on with whoever he has behind center.  No one game plans or makes half time adjustments like he does.  Brady never should have gotten the SBMVP.  He didn't have that great of a game.  It should have gone to White.

If White got the MVP it would've been justified but I was also ok with Brady getting it for the fact that he leads the team, and even White said that he fired them up and gave them hope at half time.  Brady himself said White should've got it.  But Brady not only lead another post season come back in the 4th quarter but orchestrated the biggest comeback in Superbowl history.

I think the offensive line was the worst part of the patriots game in the first half.  They were getting man-handled and Brady's own players were getting pushed back into him...horrible protection.  Adding to that Brady threw 5-6 perfect passes that were just dropped...Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell and Bennett.  As a Pats fan, watching those passes be perfect and dropped for no reason was discouraging for sure.  I gotta give Brady credit, he kept his cool and forged ahead