Sansui 9090DB----SOLD

willland

Gauging interest in a fine piece that I am selling for a neighbor.  He had a local tech, which I have used several times with my amps, do a complete once over(replaced parts as needed) with this Sansui about 1.5 years ago, and it is purring like a cat.  Great condition, silver face and glass completely unblemished, all lights/meters work, and walnut cabinet in great shape sans a couple of minor "nicks".  Those that know about these know they are beasts.

Seller prefers local pickup but may ship if I(me) pack it like I know how to do.  Photos added.  He is not trying to get rich off of this but knows their "value" on the used market.

$900.00 for local pickup or "reasonable" delivery.

SOLD.

Bill

Sansui 9090DB front.jpg

Sansui 9090DB rear.jpg

Sansui 9090DB top.jpg

Sansui 9090DB right side.jpg

Sansui 9090DB left side.jpg

I was helping a buddy a few years ago sell a 9090 DB.  I listened to it, it was a powerful great sounding receiver.  Its size was HUGE if I recall.  Because he saw asking prices on Ebay, the buddy also thought it was worth $900.

It wasn't.

+++

Edit:  I just checked Ebay and there really was a single unit that sold for $850 plus $50 shipping, so maybe they really do go for $900.  What do I know?  :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Edit:  I just checked Ebay and there really was a single unit that sold for $850 plus $50 shipping, so maybe they really do go for $900.  What do I know?  :rolleyes:

I will post whatever price he asks me to.  Same for the Yamaha and Pioneer.  

4 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

In good working order around here they go for $700+, in great shape and serviced maybe $900+.

Great vintage receiver.

In that range most likely.  I will have to say, both the Sansui and the Yamaha are crazy powerful and can thump while also handling the delicate parts of the music.

Bill

1 minute ago, JL Sargent said:

I'm guessing he'll have plenty of time to mull it over. :)

His price.:unsure::D  He researched Ebay, as well as I, and came up with a pretty good average of completed listings and current listings.

Bill