Old guy, new member here.

TwinStick

Just wanted to introduce myself & say hi, from an old guy of 53. Joined the US ARMY & served in Kaiserslautern Germany from 1981-1984. They had these things called "Audio-Visual" clubs/stores on some of the bases. In their speaker room, they literally had hundreds of different speakers, all hooked up to the same source. I quickly got on a first name basis with the speaker room people. Because I drove a semi-truck, i got to frequent a LOT of different Audio-Visual stores. I talked them all into putting a few chairs in their speaker rooms, so people like me could go in, sit down, eyes closed, & listen to all kinds of different speakers. Every single time, I always picked out the Klipsch as sounding the best. As I educated myself on speakers & stereo equip, I also discovered some of the tricks that certain places would play---in order to make up for the shortfalls of their products, including/especially speakers. Speakers that lacked in low end were set on carpeted hollow sub floors. Ones lacking a bright high end tended to be showcased in a room with hard floors & so on. Most of those were manufacturer specific---NOT the A/V club employees. Yet regardless of environment or placement, the Klipsch delivered the sound BIG TIME.

So, I ended up leaving Germany with a pair of Klipsch Heresey's & a pair of Klipsch LaScalla's. After a few years of pissing off the neighbors, I did one of the few things in life that I regret. I donated my Klipsch LaScalla's to my High School Music Department. I could see myself getting arested, because i like my music loud & clear. That was 33 years ago. Since then, I have gotten married, had 2 children (now grown & in College), worked a career & just retired from it. I have no idea if the High School still has them or if they disappeared after someone "retired" over the years. I still have my Heresey's & they are still rocking my house. I just purchased 4 Klipsch bookshelf speakers & put them in my garage. For little speakers, they rock my garage. Neighbors have already "mentioned it", LOL I am a life long Klipsch fan & if I lived in Hope Arkansas, I might see if I could work there, doing something. I am a BIG fan of the "Made in the USA" Klipsch products & have probably sold quite a few over my life, just by letting people listen to mine.

TwinStick 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...