McIntosh MA5200 with Heresy 3s?

CLhigham

4 hours ago, CLhigham said:

Thanks Dude!  Sincerely appreciate the feedback.  $4,500 is a big leap into wtf am I doing territory.

The McIntosh MA5200 is a bargain at $4,500. Class A/AB amplification for outstanding performance in the milliwatt range, 100 watts into 8 ohms - 160 watts into 4 ohms, electromagnetic switching for life-long noise free operation, modern ESS 9018 DAC, newest MM/MC phono section, latest generation headphone amp, etc. THD .005%, SNR 110 db, LED trouble-free lighting, famous McIntosh glass front panel and accurate 'blue' watt meters, etc.    

• Like 1

I'm running a vintage McIntosh MA6200 integrated amp with Fortes and have nothing but good things to say about the combo.  McIntosh and Klipsch go together beautifully, IMO: the McIntosh warmth smooths the bite from the horns while the Klipsch brightness and dynamic sound help add sparkle to the music.  And while McIntosh equipment is pricy it has excellent resale value.  If things don't work out I'm sure you'll find somebody who will be more than willing to take your unwanted McIntosh equipment off your hands. 

• Like 1

I'm reminded of the old Dangerfield (I think) joke "take my wife! Please". But leave my Mac. 

The aspects of both units individually and the pairing were what I was thinking as well. Very happy you confirmed my assumption.  Thanks!

Edited by CLhigham