Buzzing sound from theaters RP 260F'S...STATIC?

AlexSami

Hi thank-you in advance for your input. 

Since I've had these there has been a Buzzing soundcoming through the tweeters. 

They go through an amplifier (NAD Stereo Receiver 7150) and through an Allen and Heath(Zone 42 professional de mixer). 

It starts the moment the receiver is turned on regardless if the mixer is on.  The is also a slight hum coming through the mids. Want to make sure I am not damaging the speakers and also definitely want to get rid of the sound that continues while music is playing. 

Thanks again. 

Could be a ground loop problem, do you have all of your components plugged into the same power strip/wall socket? Also, do you have a cable set top box in your setup? 

I recently had a similar problem and an isolation transformer for my cable line has largely cleared it up. I'm no expert though, I'm sure others will chime in with more/better ideas.

I had the same problem it seems because Klipsch speakers are so efficient they pick up the idling noise of the avr. My marantz did it real bad, my Emotiva is much better but I still hear a bit. 

Only receiver I ever had that was 100% silent was a pioneer. I tried the ground looping and all that, never made a difference for me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...