Kinda leaving, feeling not welcome here, probably me

Karsoncookie

First I want to thank all that have helped me here.

LOTS of great folks.

I first got partially outcasted when I suggested vaseline on RCA outputs on a McIntosh.

Somehow it was perceived I meant to paint it on with a putty knife or soaked brush, with grease covering and dripping down the entire back and connections of a  3k amp.

I meant, the TINIEST amount.

Then, my refusal to use the smiley face emojis or emoticons or whatever, ONLY because I am Old School,  I hate convention, with my ? "dry" ?  humor, kinda screwed me.

Then, my recent post about Nigerian 419 scambaiting website, was somehow deemed irrelivent to a Craigslist scammer  baiting thread.

The site is ALL about baiting scammers, which is what the thread was alll about, except on Craigslist.

It seems it was "innapropriate" like Adult humor, even though the main complainant has an "adult" oriented photo as his avatar.

I have no problem with that, but it seemed really ironic.

My lower economic status than most here due to crap in life seems to make a difference also.

I want to thank first off Bill Hendrix for his extreme kindness, also USA ret, CECCA, and the Lawyer dude from ?austin? for bringing me a Crown Amp through Pony Express through the Hope pilgrimage.

If I forgot anyone, please forgive me.

And all others that have been kind in my newbie questions.

And I have tried to help others here on various things, doesn't seem to get me in the group.

So I , for myself, do not feel wanted here.

It is probably not ALL, but mostly me, seriously, always been a non conformist, but I do spend time on two other forums where I do not feel the "cliquishness".

Anyway, I do apologize if I offended anyone, I will continue to visit occassionaly.

Thank you very much for reading.

Please welcome the next person better, even if he's poor and uneducated in Audio is my request.

Lars, Marc whatever the hell

No one knows your economic status.  Some of us have had bitter disputes and left temporarily or for good.  All new comers are welcomed on the forum and things are like in life.  Some people you will click with more than other.  Ask what seems to a dumb question, if others can answer it, you learn something.  If they, can't, the question was not so dumb and the forum needs to educate itself.

Life is long, hard, and having a little tough skin and not to take every comment  personally goes a long way.  People on this forum represent an image of America.  Some are professional people, blue color, students, etc. Ones economic status can always change and does not define the person.  I regularly ask a lot of dumb question, I like to learn.  Most times someone else has the same question.  Give the forum a rest for a bit and think things over.

• Like 8

+1 Derric DJ 1  ^^^.   Give yourself permission to take some time.

I have no pre-concieved notions of you at all.  Feel free to PM me if you want.  I can't solve problems anybody else has, but I can give you honest opinions.

Then do what you feel is best for you.

-Dave

• Like 3

I have just never been good at "how's the weather" level of conversation in any setting.

Always prefer to go deeper.

I believe in being "open book", something most folks don't seem to be comfortable with.

So, when try to engage in humor or contribute to "yo mamma wears combat boots" type of "smack" talk, it seems to get misunderstood.

If I attempt at humor, it's regarded as stupid, but yet, a whole genre of humor is stupid, that's why it's funny.

But I guess my presentation is off.

It's a great group of good people here overall, but there does seem to be a somewhat exclusive subgroup that seems to me anyway, friendly on the surface, but not as truly welcoming as they could be.

Still have no clue how I was irrelevant to topic and/or offensive in the scam baiting post a few months ago, but a few thought I was.

Really took the wind out of my sails, being part of a group wise.

And again, especially with the ironic feedback I said above.

Just my perception.

Very possibly mis perceived.    Marc

I'm sorry to hear this. But to help you feel better I think we all feel that way sometimes. Like I do not drink or smoke so a lot of posts here are referring to that. I also went to 2 pilgrimages did not feel really accepted but I pushed through. Then there was a post in which I asked a question and got accused of taking over that persons post. Funny I thought all questions should be ok to ask. We all start out new one time or another. Really the reason I even got interested in Klipsch brand was when I was 16 and met Paul he treated me like an adult or future customer instead of a long haired kid.

But I have come to have enough experience to help on a lot of questions. I may not have a high bank account or college education but I do know how to fix and figure things out.

But anyway maybe you just hang around and see how things go. Rick 

• Like 3

If anyone ever feels not accepted at a Hope gathering, let me know!  It's hard to imagine a more accepting crowd than there.  We've had folks push the limits of behavior beyond belief and still made every effort to support them until it simply wasn't possible. 

I had my doubts in my first few hundred posts, but stuck it out and found that the very issues that made me feel uncomfortable became the reasons I've stayed these many years. 

Dave

4 hours ago, wdecho said:

I thought I would mention that there are more fine people that are willing to help beginners than the clique group. I have made many friends on this site. They are just not as outspoken as the "group."

I'm still at a loss as to who comprises this supposed "clique" group that is mentioned here and elsewhere....if you think it is those that have over 5K posts, and are (invited) into the NO BS forum.....you couldn't be further from the truth....

• Like 1

Moderators are like referees, if both sides are mad at you, you're probably doing something right.

Without looking at the offending post(s) it's hard to give an opinion as to what prompted this thread.  I can say however that the written word is subject to interpretation whereas sometimes you can write and mean one thing and someone can read it and take something completely different out of it.

If you view forum members as family then disputes are to be expected.  Anytime you spend a significant amount of time around people (virtual or otherwise) there'll be disagreements, it's just human nature.  Don't let them totally wipe out all the good things that happen around here.

Just some random thoughts.  Thanks for posting you thoughts as opposed to just disappearing.  Don't be afraid to still hang around.

• Like 1

I'll admit, I have been rubbed the wrong way seeing how some people get jumped on in forums but I usually just take a day or two away and things pass. Who knows, maybe the person that jumped on you was just having a bad day. Maybe that person has a different level of humor? I try not to ask a million questions in any forum and I try to keep my snarkiness to a minimum if others are around I am not totally familiar with.

I can be, and have been an Ahole to some people (usually on Facebook) but like everyone else, you have to realize where you are. This is a sampling of people worldwide cut into a little slice of topics that may or may not make people feel comfortable. I agree with other that suggested you take a couple of days away and forget about any possible conflict you may have perceived.

Life is short, no need to fret about the little things

Tim

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

33 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I'm still at a loss as to who comprises this supposed "clique" group that is mentioned here and elsewhere....

If you don't know the secret handshake and password then you're obviously not in it.

Nothing more attention getting than the title of this thread and must have missed the transgression....That said, those of us that have been here awhile don't fit into any one "clique," but understand some posters get more enthusiastic condemning one person's opinion.

9 hours ago, Karsoncookie said:

I first got partially outcasted when I suggested vaseline on RCA outputs on a McIntosh.

Then, my refusal to use the smiley face emojis or emoticons or whatever, ONLY because I am Old School,  I hate convention, with my ? "dry" ?  humor, kinda screwed me.

Then, my recent post about Nigerian 419 scambaiting website, was somehow deemed irrelivent to a Craigslist scammer  baiting thread.

It seems it was "innapropriate" like Adult humor, even though the main complainant has an "adult" oriented photo as his avatar.

I have no problem with that, but it seemed really ironic.

My lower economic status than most here due to crap in life seems to make a difference also.

...It is probably not ALL, but mostly me, seriously, always been a non conformist, but I do spend time on two other forums where I do not feel the "cliquishness".

Anyway, I do apologize if I offended anyone, I will continue to visit occassionaly.

Wait.....If this all happened in the 2 Channel Forum I completely understand where you are coming from because those guys are NUTS! {Note: No smiley face as not to offend.} Seriously Karsoncookie, most of us here have threatened to leave because of someone else's (supposed or otherwise) idiotic comments and if you actually have gained anything in the past you can do so again....One of the things I didn't realize I would benefit from as much as I respect now is the Ignore Button. There are those that may want to push your buttons and I only use that feature for folks that try to get under my skin and don't add to the conversation....Otoh, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater because sometimes we learn the most from those with whom we disagree.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

If you view forum members as family then disputes are to be expected. 

Most important comment yet.  If you DON'T view forum members as family then you'll never last.  And if you aren't getting the message from those responding here that you ARE a member of this family then just keep on truckin' and good luck to you.  Prodigal's are always welcomed back as long as they leave the Bose they ran off behind.

BTW, Thaddeus Smith (Michael) is a poster child for taking a licking and sticking.  I have immense respect for him.  OK, a lot.  Well, I respect him.  Not a lot, mind you, but I respect him.  Makes a good drink, donchaknow. 

Dave

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Lighten up and don't be so easily offended.

Pretty much this.... most folks just decide to leave, not write a soliloquy or manifesto. Your name isn't Francis by any chance is it OP?

If you leave, who are we going to have to kick around... Me? I kick back :P

That being said, I don't want to belong to any clique or club that would have me as a member :)

Marc,

You'll never please everyone.  No one agrees with everyone else.  It works for me to not react to any individual negatively.  History shows that if you (the editorial "you" not you specifically) advise someone that you find their behavior annoying, they rant about how they are not annoying and you're wrong to find them annoying.  Personally, I find such behavior annoying,

If you require universally positive strokes, this is not the place for you.  If you lack a thick skin to ignore the "humor" of some of the resident comedians, this is not the place for you.  Please consider sticking around.  This place gets dull without some intra-family squabbling.