Isle of Man TT / Motorcycle Races

Woofers and Tweeters

On 1/20/2017 at 5:54 PM, wvu80 said:

I raced MX, cross country, enduros, hare scrambles and International Six Day Trials 2-day qualifiers and did some dessert riding over a ten-year period.  Most of the time when I fell down I got dirty.  When you road racers fall down you get hurt, as in you could get killed, hurt.

It scares me and just seems crazy to go that fast.  I don't mind shooting 60 mph off a jump downhill, but to go 120 mph into a high speed sweeper at 13,000 RPM?  I wouldn't even think about doing that.  I'd finish last in every race.

I'm being a bit tongue-in-cheek, but the reality is I have immense respect for road racers and the skill it takes to keep those bikes upright at speed in corners.

been there and done that...but what you forgot..when your racing in

the woods . going 40-50 mph trees don't move !

IMG_20170521_081605.jpg

6 minutes ago, Schu said:

Diajiro Katoh crash in Suzuka

I remember that they just came out and thew him on a stretcher and carted him off of the track. Might not have made any difference, but they sure were showing any concern for keeping his neck stable, they just wanted to clear the track. 

On 1/21/2017 at 8:52 AM, Ceptorman said:

Sexy bike. I wonder what engine configuration it is? I see 2 pipes coming out of the back, so it's some kind of a V...maybe a V-4. On recent race bikes, you can see the lack of a rear tail section, I wonder if it's more aero related.

Nortons only going to make a twin. TMO and I'm sticking to it.

DSC_0004.JPG

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:28 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

:D:DWhat races are YOU going to this season? 

2017 MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Race Championship (Provisional Schedule)

• Round 1: Circuit of The Americas, Austin, Texas, April 20-23
  • Round 2: Road Atlanta, Braselton, Georgia, April 28-30
  • Round 3: Virginia International Raceway, May 12-14
  • Round 4: Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, June 2-4
  • Round 5: Utah Motorsports Campus, Salt Lake City, Utah, June 23-25
  • Round 6: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey, California, July 7-9
  • Round 7: Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma, California, August 11-13
  • Round 8: Pittsburgh International Race Complex, August 25-27
  • Round 9: New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, New Jersey, September 8-10
  • Round 10: Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Alabama, September 15-17

Road Atlanta was a lot of fun. Went there when the Haydens were all racing. Remember Anthony Gobert's Go Show was on a good high there B) 

Ah, JWEB going to Elkhart, I'm guessing a stop at OPUS' house with a trailer in tow. Can we get together and have a beer?

:D:D:D

Mark

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Me at Barber 2005

barber 05 (123).jpg

This picture explains you chasing the dragon through HiFi. The only way you catch the Dragon is to get back up on it. I'm still chasing it, Audio reached out towards it, but can't catch it. Keep chasing, I will never give up

Mark

56 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Been there a few times - Large times, great races, wonderful people. It's a long high speed track (4 miles) that I hope to get to again.  

Looks like the only day I'm not currently working is Friday, June 2nd. I can meet you on the way up, I would love to go to a bike race. I haven't been on a bike since I was 22, we decided to run up the road to another place. T shirts and cutoffs, I was riding *****. At 140, I asked my buddy what happens if we lay it down? He told me not to worry about it. LOL, helmets are brain buckets, just makes it easier to clean up the mess

:D:D:D

Mark