in defense of klipsch

deaf guy

i read a review of the videologic digitheatre DTS and it seemed really good. are they on the as the klipsch 4.1 or do they suck.

i've read on thier mesasge board where a person posted "The DigiTheatre will blow the ProMedias away, less watts or no. Audax cones are very effecient, and can do amazing things with much less power. Plus they don't have those awful awful horn loaded tweaters (that is 100% my opinion, but I hate horn tweats)." i never even heard of Audux until now, are Audux speakers really good?

i've got the klipsch 4.1 6 days after it was put on sale on the klipsch website (the 5 days between the ordering and the delivery of the speakers was hellish, i couldn't even think of anythingelse but klipsch klipsch klipsch, i couldn't focus on anything else). the sound from the promedias are beautiful. trust me going from living with 1/2 watt e-machine stock speakers to the promedias is quite shocking.

oh yeah a couple more questions.

it look like i have 2 subs so does that mean i have 80 watts going to each sub or do i have 160 watt going to each sub? i knew at this sound stuff please excuse my stupidity.

my friend has a ps2 and i was wondering how i can connect my promedias to his ps2 because i saw it somewhere in the manual where it said you could connect the promedias to gaming consoles.

thanks for your help!

Audax drivers ARE more efficient than the ones found in the Pro's by far. The Pro's make up for the difference in driver quality with more power, but in the case of Videologic's Digitheatre and Crossfire lines, they beat the Pro's quite soundly in efficiency, and in the ability to reproduce neutral sounds.

Of course, the Digitheatres and the X-fires cost quite a bit MORE than the Pro's, so it's a tossup of weather you want more neutrality in your sound (a trait very commonly found in European countries, where Videologic is located), or if you want a more coloured sound (something that seems to be heavily favoured in North America).