Video Tour of My Klipsch RF-7ii 2ch System

Youthman

• Moderators

Just for clarification, the Airport Express can only work with my RF-7ii in my living room.  The AppleTV is connected in the Home Theater.  The Airport Express can't work with multiple systems unless I had some type of splitter and sent the output to multiple receivers.

6 hours ago, jdmccall said:

Beautiful room that's not dominated by boxes and wires, yet still has awesome sound! (I assume)  Love it!

Yes, it has a nice clean look, elegant. A TV would actually ruin your look. But you certainly have that covered in your HY room,

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

Thanks.  I'm sure there are plenty other rooms that sound better but we love it.

Any reason why you didn't go with the cherry finish? IMO they match your room decor/color scheme much better, have a higher quality look (especially with the grilles off) and would add that additional high quality piece of wood furniture in your space.

Either way nice setup I'm sure it sounds real good in there.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Yes, it has a nice clean look, elegant. A TV would actually ruin your look. But you certainly have that covered in your HY room,

It's funny you mention that but the lady I purchased the RF-7ii System gave me an 82" 3D DLP TV for free if I was willing to come pick it up (3hr round trip).  I was originally excited but after hooking it up, I realized 82" isn't impressive when you have (at that time) a 103" projection connected to a 7.4 surround system. 

living-room_3.jpg

4 hours ago, miliellie111 said:

Any reason why you didn't go with the cherry finish? IMO they match your room decor/color scheme much better, have a higher quality look (especially with the grilles off) and would add that additional high quality piece of wood furniture in your space.

I have always loved the cherry and mahogany finish on speakers but I purchased this 11 Piece RF-7ii System from Craigslist for $2000.  I wasn't going to pass on that deal because they weren't my preferred

finish.  :D

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg

4 hours ago, oldred said:

I remember seeing rendering a while back with the tip up screen. All I can say is ..You got it made !!

I really think everything looked elegant in both rooms.

Thanks George.  I truly do feel blessed.  This is the original sketchup that @WakeJunkie drew up for me.

Final-Front-Wall-1.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Youthman said:
10 hours ago, miliellie111 said:

I have always loved the cherry and mahogany finish on speakers but I purchased this 11 Piece RF-7ii System from Craigslist for $2000.  I wasn't going to pass on that deal because they weren't my preferred

Good grief, that has to be the holy grail of klipsch scores on Craigslist. Nice job!

23 hours ago, Youthman said:

living-room_3.jpg

finish.  :D

OMG! In that case, disregard anything I said about decor, color or scheme B)

18 hours ago, No.4 said:

Good grief, that has to be the holy grail of klipsch scores on Craigslist. Nice job!

You're new here.  You don't know the half of the incredible deals that Mr. Youthman finds.  And he seems to come up with these things over and over.  He has more luck finding deals than all the rest of us put together.

Nowdays if someone on this forum finds a pair of Klipshorns for a hundred bucks and upon pickup the owner insists we take all his tube amps as well, we don't refer to that as a "deal"

It's a "Youthman Deal."  :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You're new here.  You don't know the half of the incredible deals that Mr. Youthman finds.  And he seems to come up with these things over and over.  He has more luck finding deals than all the rest of us put together.

Nowdays if someone on this forum finds a pair of Klipshorns for a hundred bucks and upon pickup the owner insists we take all his tube amps as well, we don't refer to that as a "deal"

It's a "Youthman Deal."  :D

Haha, well if another deal anywhere near that good comes up don't bother posting to alerts, just PM me!