Nad for the RP line?

AsD

AsD,

Welcome to the forum.

I think the NAD C375BEE will make your RP280F's sing like there is no tomorrow.  Plenty of low end punch and virtually unlimited dynamic headroom.  The RP280F's probably can't make the 375 sweat even if they wanted to.

May I also suggest the Yamaha A-S1000 or A-S2000.  The same applies to these as the NAD.

Bill

Thanks.

I know it has enough power. I am more concerned about sound quality. I also looked at Rotel but i constantly see myself coming back to the Nad. 

I was however wondering if i should go used and find something like Hegel?

1 minute ago, AsD said:

Thanks.

I know it has enough power. I am more concerned about sound quality. I also looked at Rotel but i constantly see myself coming back to the Nad. 

I was however wondering if i should go used and find something like Hegel?

I own an NAD T773 flagship AVR, T175HD pre/pro, and a C542 CD player, and they all sound fantastic with my RF-63's, Heresys, Heresy IIs, RB-75's.  I can see no reason why the same would not apply to the RP-280F's. 

Bill

7 minutes ago, Ski Bum said:

Shameless plug. I've got a C372 for sale.

I heard bad things about that one. The C375 should be a huge improvement. Didn't hear them up against each other though. And i have only heard the C375 with B&W and Dali.

Edited by AsD

1 minute ago, AsD said:

I heard bad things about that one. The C375 should be a huge improvement. Didn't hear them up against each other though. And i have only heard the C375 with B&W and Dali.

11 minutes ago, Ski Bum said:

Shameless plug. I've got a C372 for sale.

Hey, don't hurt his "shameless plug".:o;):D

Bill

11 hours ago, willland said:

Hey, don't hurt his "shameless plug".:o;):D

Bill

Well, i kinda said i wasn't sure:p Just heard that the 375 should be a lot more powerfull☺

But what about something like a used Hegel? Would that be a better way to go?

Or do anyone have any other suggestions?

I am also very curious about the new Klipsch Powergate Max. But i can't seem to find any real specs for it. I kinda think that they propably exaggerated the 2x180 watts. If not then that could be very very cool indeed. Does anyone know?

Edited by AsD

4 hours ago, AsD said:

Well, i kinda said i wasn't sure:p Just heard that the 375 should be a lot more powerfull☺

I was just goofing, a little humorous irony.:lol:

4 hours ago, AsD said:

But what about something like a used Hegel? Would that be a better way to go?

I have no experience with Hegel.  What is "better"?

4 hours ago, AsD said:

Or do anyone have any other suggestions?

The Yamahas I mentioned are excellent amps with "far exceeding their price points" build quality.

What is your budget for this amp and where are you located?

Bill

I'm in europe. The Nad C375 is just under 1000 euros. I could stretch it to around 2000 euros, if it is worth the ekstra cash that is. If i only get a slightly better amp i would rather settle and use the ekstra doe on a system for the bedroom☺

Edited by AsD

1 minute ago, AsD said:

I'm in europe.

I figured you were in Europe.  

6 minutes ago, AsD said:

The Nad C375 is just under 1000 euros.

That is a lot of amp for that price.

7 minutes ago, AsD said:

I could stretch it to around 2000 euros if it is worth the ekstra cash that is. If i only get a slightly better amp i would rather settle and use the ekstra doe on a system for the bedroom☺

I am all about "bang for the buck" and I think the NAD C375BEE/Dac is a great example of that.  Double the price "usually" does equal double the performance.  I am sure their are plenty of exceptions to that rule.

I read little bit about Hegel amps and they seem to be highly praised.  It looks like the H80 falls within your 2000 Euro price point.

Bill

Haha. What gave me away?

It does indeed. It's just about 1300 euros. It is however also only half as powerfull going on wattage. The powersupplies are propably about the same though. But 75 watts isn't a whole lot and the H160 is priced similarly to the new Rotel 1592 which i think i would prefer over the Hegel.

I could go used and find a H200 at just about the same price as the H80.

Edited by AsD

2 minutes ago, AsD said:

Haha. What gave me away?

Hegel is not mentioned too much in the US and especially on the Klipsch Forum.  I know they are out of Norway so I just did a little deductive reasoning.:P

5 minutes ago, AsD said:

It is however also only half as powerfull going on wattage. The powersupplies are propably about the same though.

Not trying to sell you on the Yamahas, but their "90w/ch@8ohms(20Hz to 20khz)0.02%THD, 140w/ch@4ohms(20Hz to 20kHz)0.02%THD specs are quoted very conservatively. IMO, my A-S1000 "feels" more like say 125w/ch@8ohms.  With the weight at 48.5lbs(21.99kg), that is some serious heft for a 90w/140w integrated amp.

In other words, don't get caught up in the power specs too much.

19 minutes ago, AsD said:

I could go used and find a H200 at just about the same price as the H80.

Definitely something to consider.

Bill

15 minutes ago, willland said:

Hegel is not mentioned too much in the US and especially on the Klipsch Forum.  I know they are out of Norway so I just did a little deductive reasoning.:P

Not trying to sell you on the Yamahas, but their "90w/ch@8ohms(20Hz to 20khz)0.02%THD, 140w/ch@4ohms(20Hz to 20kHz)0.02%THD specs are quoted very conservatively. IMO, my A-S1000 "feels" more like say 125w/ch@8ohms.  With the weight at 48.5lbs(21.99kg), that is some serious heft for a 90w/140w integrated amp.

In other words, don't get caught up in the power specs too much.

Definitely something to consider.

Bill

I know that the power supply is often more important than wattage but those Yamahas are a lot more expensive than the Nad and a lot less powerfull it seems with only something like 700 va. 

If you happen to reside on the other side of the pond, you may find these guys more than we do here.

I just ordered a few grand of their "New" line for upgrading the wife's system.

http://www.perreaux.com/

A note here from a Perreaux owner, iv never lost a dime owning their equip, resale is like getting my money back. amazing.

10 minutes ago, minermark said:

If you happen to reside on the other side of the pond, you may find these guys more than we do here.

I just ordered a few grand of their "New" line for upgrading the wife's system.

http://www.perreaux.com/

A note here from a Perreaux owner, iv never lost a dime owning their equip, resale is like getting my money back. amazing.

They are not uncommon. Saw one the other day in fact. They are however expensive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AsD said:

They are not uncommon. Saw one the other day in fact. They are however expensive.

Expensive is an understatement, these are the first i have bought "New".

Used has been my norm for 20+ years, i can afford a little more now, so "new" is in order.

P.S. i learned of this brand from recording engineer's, seems to be their standard in Calif.

P.S.S.  Always "Like" giving someone their first "Like" :emotion-21:

Well i usually buy new. I don't much appreciate the whole used thing. In most cases anyway i will rather buy something a bit less high end. Hegel could be an exception though. Well i can only afford the AUDIANT 80I and i think that i can do better at that pricepoint. Or maybe i'm just cheap:p

I am by no means rich and i do like to get the most bang for my buck ☺

Edited by AsD