Nad for the RP line?

AsD

I had two NAD amps, 752 Receiver and 320BEE. Loved both of them. the 752 drove B&W 600 series in a 5.1 set up and the 320BEE drove two JBL JRX 215 (Horn tweeter and 2 x 15 inch woofers, 4 Ohms). The fact that it could drive those speakers well speaks volumes for NAD's conservative power ratings. NAD amps sound fast, strong but controlled bass and have excellent timing. And they are not bright but also not overly warm. Great amps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AsD said:

Damn dude. I just bought the Rotel RA-1570 a few days ago. But now you got me considering Nad again☺

My opinion is just about the same as everyone else's opinion, their opinion.

I am so fond of my 8+ year old NAD T175HD pre/pro that I have put off "upgrading" to a more modern pre/pro with 4K, HDR, Atmos, etc.  When I found out that the NAD 4K module VM300 and Atmos module AM300 may be compatible with my T175, I was dancing the jig.  I am patiently waiting for confirmation of this.

I have used NAD gear with several Klipsch speakers and have always walked away with delight at the sound.  No experience with Rotel so can't say.

Bill

I have an NAD C375BEE driving Klipsch Palladium P-37F.   The source is an Oppo BDP-105.  A Klipsch P-312W subwoofer is also connected to the Oppo (i.e., the Oppo provides the crossover).

I'm very satisfied with the NAD C375BEE.  I generally have the tone controls engaged, with the treble slightly attenuated, and the bass accentuated.  The NAD’s remote has a tone control defeat switch, which is convenient.  (I recommend getting an integrated amp with tone controls.)

I mostly use the NAD C375BEE for movies, and background music.  I usually use my tube amps for serious listening (classical and opera).   However, IMO the NAD C375BEE has excellent sound quality.   I could live with it as my only amp.  And, I think it’s a great value.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have RP-160Ms, I tried with Denon PMA-860, I thought it was not bad, but after one hour, the sound was tiring. Now I pair them with Nad C320BEE....OMG, what a sound, more musical, better stereo image, more warmer sound! Denon play "sound" and NAD play "music". I can't draw up better :)

• 1 month later...

I have a NAD C725BEE receiver driving my 1990 KHorns with ALK ES crossovers. Previously I had a NAD C740 receiver.

The NAD amps have pre out and main in RCA sockets on the rear allowing a passive attenuator to replace the supplied strait-thru jumpers so that the volume control doesn't permanently live around 7 to  8 o'clock when driving highly efficient K-Horns.

I built the attenuator from this http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/DIY_passive_attenuation using 1% resistors, R1 5100 ohm R2 1200 ohm.