RSW-15 died. Tips for amp removal?

waddisme

After 11 yrs of flawless performance, my RSW-15 won't turn on.  It had been plugged up the whole time and I unplugged it to arrange some cables and it would not fire back up.  Guess I will be sending to Edwards.  Just not exactly sure what AI am sending.  I have driver and passive cover removed.  do I just remove the 4 bolts holding dowm amp and remove back control panel and mail to Edqrds.  Tips before I get too far?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

I don't know anything about this particular model, but my old Klipsch subwoofer (SW-12) has a fuse that is accessible from outside and a thermal switch/fuse inside. If I were you, I'd check them first.

I recently had a space heater stop working. The cause was one thermal fuse inside. I ordered a replacement fuse for about 15 cents (in a pack of 10). All other suspects like heating elements, thermal switch, tip-detector, switch were all fine.

20 hours ago, waddisme said:

After 11 yrs of flawless performance, my RSW-15 won't turn on.  It had been plugged up the whole time and I unplugged it to arrange some cables and it would not fire back up.  Guess I will be sending to Edwards.  Just not exactly sure what AI am sending.  I have driver and passive cover removed.  do I just remove the 4 bolts holding dowm amp and remove back control panel and mail to Edqrds.  Tips before I get too far?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

I had the same thing happen to mine a few months ago. It was around 12 years old. I mailed the amp and the back control panel to Edwards - so yes, you have it right. 4 screws for the amp iirc and the control panel is stuck down - a bit of a pain to remove but not too bad. Make a note of where the wires/plugs go for when you put it back together in a few weeks.

I was happy with my dealings with Edwards.

• 1 month later...