FS: Cornwall Type B Networks

Frzninvt

Just purchased some new ALK Type B networks for my 1980 Cornwall's so I am going to be selling my stock Type-B networks with upgraded components.  Sledgehammer coils and Dayton 1% capacitors, fresh wiring and spade lugs.  Thinking like $100 for the pair shipped if that sounds fair.  SOLD to Jim

Type B Edit.jpg

Type B Edit-2.jpg

26 minutes ago, Schu said:

Did you do a comparison between the two networks?

Just bought them Schu I'll report back when I receive them.  Here is what they look like anxious to install them since I am using the ALK universals in my La Scala mains.

ALK Type B Network.jpg

Russ I don't think it is necessary as these are designed as plug and play for the Cornwall Type B from ALK when he offered them.  He no longer offers them though as far as I know.  They are not listed on his website as far as I can see.  Perhaps the attenuator's are required for the B-2 or B-3 versions of the network.

I use to have those same networks.  There are very hard to build on that small Board.  DeanG built mine.  I didn't think ALK built them.  The soldering doesn't look like his work.

Regardless, I will say from experience.......they sound very good.

Either way I could not have purchased the components on these for the price I paid for them.  I have electronics tech experience I can touch up or upgrade components as necessary.  I used to have the schematic for these but lost it in a hard drive crash.

Definitely a great buy.  I almost pulled the trigger on them.  Yes lots of high quality parts on there.

PM me and shoot me an email.....I still have the schematic.

cheers

enjoy them....very few in existence.

• Like 1

Russ those are absolutely stunning.  I bet those sound spectacular!  I have Dean's work in my center La Scala and did have a pair of Jensen PIO Type B's he built for me in my 1962 Cornwall pair that I sold sometime ago.  I want to send him my ALK Universals for a special Dean refresh.

Oh, its a LaScala components In a cornwall style cabinet, or a cornwall with a larger cabinet and a different horn and a crossover of Bob crites specs.

OK since I have neither a CW nor a LS I guess I am going to shelve this away till one of those to hit the side of my head sometime.

Cool.

Srinath.