Klipsch Powergate Max

AsD

Hi guys.

Does any of you know anything about the new Powergate Max?

It looks gorgeous. But i can't really find any specs on it. Except the very vague "2x180 watt"

Maybe one of you heard or saw it at CES? Or just know anything about it? 

Thanks☺

I hadn't seen the first one. It has been a little while since i searched videos. Thanks.

I had hoped that by now there would be some specs out for this. He starts by saying that it is a badass integrated amp and then just keep ranting on about irrelevant bullshit. That can't be a good sign.

And it is just a 2x120 watt if i am not mistaking? Maybe even less. That is one of the things i would really like to know. 

At first i was all over this for my Rp280, but now i realise it might be better suited for a pair of rp160 or the likes in my office.

I do hope i am wrong because this thing is freaking gorgeous!

They state it is 180 watts. They'll always be a little tight lipped tho until final production is ready.

From the press release:

http://www.klipsch.com/ces-2017

"Expanding the Klipsch Stream Wireless Multi-Room ecosystem, Klipsch introduces the
Powergate Max.The Powergate Max features real wood, a180W digital amplifier with
192kHz / 24-bit ESS DACs and is turntable ready, moving magnet and moving coil.
The Klipsch Stream system features DTS Play-Fi® technology for high resolution
wireless multi-room streaming over a home Wi-Fi network."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AsD said:

And it is just a 2x120 watt if i am not mistaking? Maybe even less. That is one of the things i would really like to know. 

At first i was all over this for my Rp280, but now i realise it might be better suited for a pair of rp160 or the likes in my office.

I do hope i am wrong because this thing is freaking gorgeous!

The difference in dB output between 180 wpc and 120 wpc is 1.76 dB. And the RP280 is rated for 150 wpc anyway. So you'd get to maybe 118 dB instead of 119.76 dB if it was "just 120 wpc".

The specs on the amp were listed as 180 wpc though. But official specs won't appear until it's ready for sale.

• 2 months later...