Klipsch celling speakers

Charles M

The speakers look nice.  Read up on Atmos since setup is critical.  I  have Tmd Atmos  and the recommendation is to have them fire directly down.  For atmos in the front or rear, a ceiling speaker with a tweeter that can be angled may be better.  Atmos speakers will give a 3 dimensional presentation, not just over head sound.  Most of the time you do not hear them.  The Atmos setup major function is to change the panning of all the speakers in the room.

These Klipsch speaker don't have an angled tweeter so, this may help you select your particular Atmos setup.  Further recommendations can't be made without more info. on room size,seating locations, ceiling height, etc.

I do know you room so I can't make good recommendations.  I use a 9.2.2 setup and love it.  My surrounds, surround back and are fairly high up on the wall and I use FH speakers.  The speakers locations changed the panning of all 11 speakers compared to legacy format like Dolby Digital, DD Plus, DTS Master, etc. Because of speaker location, things happening over head, front to back and side to side travel around the room in 3D.  Just using an Atmos setup will convert the system to an object base presentation with Atmos movies.

Some people believe that having a four Atmos speakers is sbetter than only using two.  This is not looking at the way Atmos works correctly. Due to my ceiling and wall speakers, I bascially have 8 speakers very active in the Atmos presentation(not just two).  I hope that is understandable, lol.

Read the Dolby site on Atmos setup.  Because once you start cutting holes the speaker are kinda permanent without doing some repairs.

My room is about 18 by 24 but that's just 

where the speaker are is just shape long and wide . The whole room is about 24 by 32 but there are walls for bathroom and bulk head 

Edited by charles m
Change note