Question on color matching (black/ebony)

blackride

Hello all. First timer here!

The RP-280FA speakers seem to be on a nice discount right now. They are only on Black and Walnut for the 799 cost. The other speakers like the RP450C and RP-160M all seem to either come in Ebony or Cherry.

My question is if I go with the Black fronts does it match pretty close to the Ebony? Hard to tell pallet on pictures. 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, willland said:

Blackride,

Welcome to the forum.

The RP-280FA has a real wood veneer painted black while the RP450C has a black(ebony) formed vinyl veneer. 

Bill

Are those supposed to match that way or no? Are these on sale because there are no matching bookshelves etc???

@MetropolisLakeOutfittersThis guy needs a 450c and matching towers. Hook him up

@willlandthe new production 280fa is no longer veneer. They are vinyl wrapped as well. They did that so they didn't have to make two different centers that were exactly the same. Plus also now that the 7iii/64iii is coming out they are reserving the veneer for flagship model. 

OP, get with cory above. He is an authorized dealer and will get you a nice bundle deal on a MATCHING setup

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

@MetropolisLakeOutfittersThis guy needs a 450c and matching towers. Hook him up

@willlandthe new production 280fa is no longer veneer. They are vinyl wrapped as well. They did that so they didn't have to make two different centers that were exactly the same. Plus also now that the 7iii/64iii is coming out they are reserving the veneer for flagship model. 

OP, get with cory above. He is an authorized dealer and will get you a nice bundle deal on a MATCHING setup

Thank you for the explanation! 

4 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

You're very welcome. Cory is a great guy and can cut pretty good deals ;)

You will love them speakers. They are pretty awesome 

I agree. I just got

(2)RP-280F's and (1)RP-450C for a great price from Cory.  He was extremely helpful in getting the deal done.  

Oh, and, the speakers sound GREAT!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am new to the conversation regarding speaker cabinets.  I see so many choices,  black, ebony, piano black, cherry, walnut.

I like the feel of wood, and am afraid of the snagging/ripping of a vinyl covered speaker (even trying to protect the speakers ).

I do not think I would like a black shiny vinyl which I think the piano black is (like a grand piano). I like the wood feel of a speaker cabinet

and with a wood grain, you may be able to mask a scratch with coloring but, a vinyl is just a tear.

is the black  finish a wood grain finish or vinyl?

For wood finish, is my only option the Walnut?