Jubilee's vs K-horns

AaronB123

• Moderators

We really hope some of you decide to attend the Pilgrimage in Hope, AR in April. It's going to be awesome!  Paul Jacobs, CEO for Klipsch will be joining us, as well as a host of others from Klipsch corporate. As always Roy will be there!  Four live bands, plant/lab tours, question and answer sessions, new product demos, listening room, food, fun and spirits!  

We will have Jubs and one of Roy's newly designed subs set up for listening to your favorite music!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

Wow, that's really nice I appreciate that. I will just stick with the Emotiva though I actually just noticed the bass bins are rated at 4 ohms and my amp says at 4 ohms it pushes 550wpc so that should actually give me more power than I thought. 

You guys and your RIDICULOUS amount of power crack me up. I heard Rigma's Jubes with an 8 watt single ended amp though some choice passive in his crossover, as a work of art on the walls. They sounded great.

The bass bins will drive your pets out of the room with 1/4 watt, like all horn loaded bass. 550 watts of power is 27.4 dbWatts added to the 106 db/W the Jubilled bass bin wi produce, you get 133 db of output, which is STUPID LOUD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wdecho said:

One topic of Jubes has not came up, the WAF. There are very few that will allow K-horns and even less with Jubes. The Jubes are huge. There is a point of "good enough." Most any of the Klipsch will fall into that category. 

The Jubes are small, actually, for those of us who had MCM Stacks for a few years. Look at Dtel's room.

9 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Which brings up a whole different can of worms about 80% of the info from a movie coming from the center channel and that in a perfect world you would want another Jube for center, 2nd choice, LaScala with a 402 on top (Jubescala).

Ya, there's no way I'd be able to do that. I've got my tv on top of my la scala. The only way I'd ever be able to do that is if I had a setup like @Youthman and had behind screen speakers. Maybe someday but my theater room is definitely nowhere near big enough or set up for that. I am very happy with my La Scala as a center though it's got a real nice big soundstage that really brings dialogue to life. In some way's I like the sound of the La Scala's better than the K'horns but they both have their strengths. 

4 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

We really hope some of you decide to attend the Pilgrimage in Hope, AR in April. It's going to be awesome!  Paul Jacobs, CEO for Klipsch will be joining us, as well as a host of others from Klipsch corporate. As always Roy will be there!  Four live bands, plant/lab tours, question and answer sessions, new product demos, listening room, food, fun and spirits!  

We will have Jubs and one of Roy's newly designed subs set up for listening to your favorite music!!!

Ya, I really would love to attend, it's always been a dream of mine to visit the Klipsch museum and meet all the engineer's. Just the problem of it being over 2k miles away but you never know perhaps I can work something out. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

Ya, there's no way I'd be able to do that. I've got my tv on top of my la scala. The only way I'd ever be able to do that is if I had a setup like @Youthman and had behind screen speakers. Maybe someday but my theater room is definitely nowhere near big enough or set up for that. I am very happy with my La Scala as a center though it's got a real nice big soundstage that really brings dialogue to life. In some way's I like the sound of the La Scala's better than the K'horns but they both have their strengths. 

An awesome fallback position to be in.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

You guys and your RIDICULOUS amount of power crack me up.

It is kind of funny, but I would rather have to much than to little, just DON'T EVER "slip" with the volume knob, it will probably scare you.  We only use a pair of crown D-75's @ a whopping 35 wpc.

High sensitivity is a wonderful thing !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cincymat said:

Here's a for sale thread for MCM stacks that i found right here on the Klipsch community forum:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/96663-mcm-stacks-for-sale/ 

If you bother to read it, you'll find a very good description of MCM Stacks.

Mark

Guys I am so sorry, I now get that MCM = Huge speakers. but MSSM ??? WSSW ??? Sorry more questions than answers in my head..

What does M stand for in MCM ??? mid range ? I guess W = woofer ? S = ??? squawker ??? C ??? Center ?

Sorry about all these questions.

Cool.

Srinath.

4 hours ago, Srinath said:

Guys I am so sorry, I now get that MCM = Huge speakers. but MSSM ??? WSSW ??? Sorry more questions than answers in my head..

What does M stand for in MCM ??? mid range ? I guess W = woofer ? S = ??? squawker ??? C ??? Center ?

Sorry about all these questions.

Cool.

Srinath.

I'm not conversant in what each model code means. I've read that the MWM means "Massive Woofing Machine". I did find a PDF file about the MCM 1900 system here:

http://www.ss427.com/MCM-1900.pdf 

Maybe that will help guide you in your quest for MCM information. Also, Klipsch.com, PRO section will show you what ia currently solid in their Cinema line. 

Mark

I'm not positive But I believe it goes something like

MCM  = magnificent concert machine

MWM = magnificent woofing machine

MSSM= magnificent sub squawking machine

MSM = magnificent squawking machine

MTM =magnificent tweeting machine

• Like 5

14 hours ago, dtel said:

It is kind of funny, but I would rather have to much than to little, just DON'T EVER "slip" with the volume knob, it will probably scare you

The year was 1979.  I had just setup my LaScalas.  I had them mated to a Yamaha receiver, 110 watts/channel, dbx subharmonic synthesizer, 3bx...

My best friend was over (I can literally still see this happening it was so burned into my memory).  He was with me when we both "discovered" Klipsch, gave them a listen at the dealer and I patted one of them on the top telling him "one day".

That day has come and now they're at the house.  He's coming over to hear them.

Mentally put yourself in front of a LaScala, put both of your hands on the front corners of the speaker, bend your legs so you can literally, put your face about six inches in front of the midrange.  You are in something that might be considered a crouch position.

Now, shift the camera over across the room to your sadistic friend (ummmm....yes, that would be me) :ph34r:

I put Boston's first LP on and the intro to Long Time was starting with that gentle background music.

In the meantime, I punched the mute button on the receiver so that forced me to put the volume control around 1:00.

The beginning of the song develops.....strengthens....  he is hunched over & crouched with his face (by his choice I might add) right in the squawker....  now before the song blasts loose, it gets louder with the pulsing, ever stronger beginning...

I reach my finger over and press (but hold) the mute button....  it is now "released" from its catch but, it's still muted.

Music pulses louder, drums kick in and it's about to bust loose.....

Right as it hits that initial crescendo, busting loose... I take my finger off the mute, releasing something like 20 more db's of assault on my dear old friend.

He was not expecting this full frontal assault.

He literally, and I mean literally, sprang through the air, jumped back about four feet and landed on his butt.

It was absolutely hysterical.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cincymat said:

I'm not conversant in what each model code means. I've read that the MWM means "Massive Woofing Machine". I did find a PDF file about the MCM 1900 system here:

http://www.ss427.com/MCM-1900.pdf 

Maybe that will help guide you in your quest for MCM information. Also, Klipsch.com, PRO section will show you what ia currently solid in their Cinema line. 

Mark

Oh that lower one I think I have a set of those. With Eminence Kappa 15"s in it.

I started to peel it cos I didn't want the tolex sprayed thing in my house. Thought I'd make it a sanded and stained thing. Then I had to move, and you know the rest.

OK now it all makes sense. M stands for magnificient and machine.

Cool.

Srinath.

1 hour ago, Gnote said:

I'm not positive But I believe it goes something like

MCM  = magnificent concert machine

MWM = magnificent woofing machine

MSSM= magnificent sub squawking machine

MSM = magnificent squawking machine

MTM =magnificent tweeting machine

My Neighbors would say.....All The Above :rolleyes:

We might wish to drop the magnificent part on their side of things.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...