Jubilee's vs K-horns

AaronB123

Alright now after seeing the for sale post of the jubilee's and doing more research I am wondering if perhaps I made the wrong choice. I hadn't realized until speaking with Cory that you can buy Jubilee's I thought that was just something people built custom. I'm gonna give the breakdown of what I am looking for here and everyone tell me what you think. 

Don't get me wrong  I do love the K-horns but in all honesty they don't have as big of a soundstage as I thought they would, in fact my 88 La Scala's seem to have a bigger more in your face soundstage and that's what I am looking for above all. The K-horns do however have incredible detail, more than the La Scala's and of course much better bass. I guess I am looking for a mixture of both but with that huge soundstage. From what I hear if that's what your looking for you should go with the Jubilee's. 

Another thing I like more about the Jubilee's is they don't require corner placement. Many people I talk to say the Jubilee is on a complete new level even from the K-horn. 

All input is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jason str said:

The differences are not subtle by any means, never been a huge Klipschorn fan but lose no respect for those who really enjoy them.

I suggest you demo a set before investing, somebody within a reasonable distance probably has a set.

Ya, I wouldn't mind demoing a set. If anyone has a set and is in the CT area and wouldn't mind me trying them out that would be great. The only problem I have now is that to my understanding Jubilee's need to be Biamped and I ordered the 5 channel amp from Emotiva and now they are telling me in order to upgrade it I need to send the whole thing in and let them do it. For those that don't know, it's modular and you can add channels but they wont just send me the channels. I am a computer technician I can install them in my sleep but they won't budge on the issue so now if I sent it in,  would be without an amp for probably at least 2 weeks and my AVP has no onboard amp. 

This whole situation with them has me extremely frustrated to say the least! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

This whole situation with them has me extremely frustrated to say the least! 

You've gone down the rabbit hole my friend, you can never return!;)

Seriously I'll wager your KHorns sound spectacular. And look a lot nicer than the warthogs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

You've gone down the rabbit hole my friend, you can never return!;)

Seriously I'll wager your KHorns sound spectacular. And look a lot nicer than the warthogs.

They do sound amazing, extremely refined just not quite as big of a soundstage as I thought they would have. I'm not sure if all K-horns are like this or it's just the newer ones but mine definitely have a very laid back sound compared to other Klipsch speaker's I've heard. Seems like they tried to do away with that in your face huge presence I've come to know and love. 

Hey Aaron,  I have not heard the Jubilees(but want to)..(we had a discussion already about them)

One of the things I learned about the Jubilees(correct me if I'm wrong) but they do better in smaller rooms and with lower ceilings than the Khorns do.  I think you said your ceiling weren't all that high in your room at one point.

1 minute ago, bcarey13 said:

Hey Aaron,  I have not heard the Jubilees(but want to)..(we had a discussion already about them)

One of the things I learned about the Jubilees(correct me if I'm wrong) but they do better in smaller rooms and with lower ceilings than the Khorns do.  I think you said your ceiling weren't all that high in your room at one point.

Ya, they are only 7 feet to be exact and another thing I really like as I said is the Jubilee's don't require corner placement. I hadn't heard that the Jubilee's sound better in smaller rooms but it makes sense since they don't require corners. 

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

When you are listening to music 2 channel or 2.1 does the Emotiva synthesize a third center channel signal? Just wondering if you have a "hole in the middle"

I am not sure what you mean by that I put it in Stereo mode and it's 2 channel no sub. It sounds amazing, definitely does not sound like there are any holes in the center or anything like that. It sounds like the music is coming from right in front of me, in fact when I first got the Emotiva and set it to 2 channel I had to get up and physically make sure the center wasn't playing because it sounded like it was. I have no problem with the imaging of the speakers or anything like that. 

6 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

Ya, they are only 7 feet to be exact and another thing I really like as I said is the Jubilee's don't require corner placement. I hadn't heard that the Jubilee's sound better in smaller rooms but it makes sense since they don't require corners. 

I think I have read a number of times that khorns sound best with ceiling heights of 9' + and of course with corners.  My room has 14-15' vaulted ceilings and the khorns sound amazing in there.  Of course, if I could get a set of Jubilees instead I would probably do it in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcarey13 said:

I think I have read a number of times that khorns sound best with ceiling heights of 9' + and of course with corners.  My room has 14-15' vaulted ceilings and the khorns sound amazing in there.  Of course, if I could get a set of Jubilees instead I would probably do it in a heartbeat.

Ya, I've heard from many people the Jubilee's are absolutely incredible and not even the K-horn can compare. I mean lol look at that horn on that thing! I have to say when buying the K's I really didn't have much info on the Jubilee's and I didn't know you could buy them directly from Klipsch. I think I kind of jumped the gun when buying the K's but the good thing at least I am hoping is if I do decide to get the jubilee's I will be able to sell the K's probably for the same amount I paid. 

Your low ceilings certainly aren't helping things, but the distance you are sitting from the speakers can make all the difference in the world. From what I have read the Jubilees still benefit greatly from being in corners as well, though they don't have to be.