Jubilee's vs K-horns

AaronB123

2 minutes ago, bcarey13 said:

^^^^ I don't know a lot about Home theaters as I'm setting up my first real one now, but is it true that the rear surrounds don't actually have a lot of info coming through them?

That's one of the most coherent things I've read all day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bcarey13 said:

^^^^ I don't know a lot about Home theaters as I'm setting up my first real one now, but is it true that the rear surrounds don't actually have a lot of info coming through them?

They don't get as much but throw in a good action bluray and they will get a nice workout, especially if you have them hooked to an external amp. Going from using AVR power to an external amp the biggest difference I noticed was how the rears came to life especially during a good bluray. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bcarey13 said:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  In The Grey, and many others, there is a lot.  Also multichannel music on SACD, including remasters from the Quad era.

• Moderators
On 1/25/2017 at 2:20 PM, AaronB123 said:

I am not sure what you mean by that I put it in Stereo mode and it's 2 channel no sub. It sounds amazing, definitely does not sound like there are any holes in the center or anything like that. It sounds like the music is coming from right in front of me, in fact when I first got the Emotiva and set it to 2 channel I had to get up and physically make sure the center wasn't playing because it sounded like it was. I have no problem with the imaging of the speakers or anything like that. 

Take that sensation, having to get up and physically verify the center channel isn't putting out any sound, and multiply that by a factor of at least 5 with the Jubes.  Find your sweetspot with the Jubes and put down a couch and play around with how wide it is.  With that space you have you will be able to get two people in there, maybe three, all saying the "spot" is where they are.

It will be a sound unlike you have ever heard before, unless you have been doing some serious testing of some serious high dollar speakers.

I'm not sure what problems you may have with 7' ceilings,  but as suggested, I would recommend trying to get some input from @Chris A as well as @mikebse2a3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Anniversary Khorns as rears in an HT...you must be kidding.  What a waste.  There, I said it.

I agree, what you should do is get a swivel chair half way between the fron and back walls, (9,5' for you?)listen to your Jubes for 30 minutes, spin 180, listen to Khorns for 30 minutes, spin 180, repeat.

Your forum name should be Full Throttle (FT).

• Moderators
1 hour ago, garyrc said:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  In The Grey, and many others, there is a lot.  Also multichannel music on SACD, including remasters from the Quad era.

Which brings up a whole different can of worms about 80% of the info from a movie coming from the center channel and that in a perfect world you would want another Jube for center, 2nd choice, LaScala with a 402 on top (Jubescala).

49 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Which brings up a whole different can of worms about 80% of the info from a movie coming from the center channel and that in a perfect world you would want another Jube for center, 2nd choice, LaScala with a 402 on top (Jubescala).

I wonder how they determined that 80 %.  If you count dialog, of course the center is worked the most in the average movie.  But, in our home theater the music in films seems spread evenly across the front of the room.  The sound effects can come from anywhere.  Sure, it would be great to put a third Jub in as a center.  At least one person on the forum did this.  I think his name is Hendricks, or something like that.  With a projector and an acoustically transparent screen, 2.35:1, it would be marvelous.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, garyrc said:

I wonder how they determined that 80 %.  If you count dialog, of course the center is worked the most in the average movie.  But, in our home theater the music in films seems spread evenly across the front of the room.  The sound effects can come from anywhere.  Sure, it would be great to put a third Jub in as a center.  At least one person on the forum did this.  I think his name is Hendricks, or something like that.  With a projector and an acoustically transparent screen, 2.35:1, it would be marvelous.

It is a number they have thrown out there for years, I think it is less as the channels have increased, but with wide screen, , if you have dialogue between two actors it is pretty much going to be from the center.  I think action is going to take you all over the place.

It was bill Hendrix, he had to go with JubeScala because of size limitations BTS. 

On 1/25/2017 at 10:37 AM, AaronB123 said:

Alright now after seeing the for sale post of the jubilee's and doing more research I am wondering if perhaps I made the wrong choice. I hadn't realized until speaking with Cory that you can buy Jubilee's I thought that was just something people built custom. I'm gonna give the breakdown of what I am looking for here and everyone tell me what you think. 

Don't get me wrong  I do love the K-horns but in all honesty they don't have as big of a soundstage as I thought they would, in fact my 88 La Scala's seem to have a bigger more in your face soundstage and that's what I am looking for above all. The K-horns do however have incredible detail, more than the La Scala's and of course much better bass. I guess I am looking for a mixture of both but with that huge soundstage. From what I hear if that's what your looking for you should go with the Jubilee's. 

Another thing I like more about the Jubilee's is they don't require corner placement. Many people I talk to say the Jubilee is on a complete new level even from the K-horn. 

All input is greatly appreciated. 

Im going to TRY to be really cooool about my response to this......

In my "Endeavor(s) to persevere", i learned to say when, i mean WTF?

when? WHEN? are you going to get the thought that the norm is just not good enough?

Go PRO

Or, do you prefer to keep playing the forum members? ARRON?

34 minutes ago, Srinath said:

I still don't get it. Besides you forgot to add to the quote.

I know from your sig you have an MCM stack - but I google it and all the links are to mcm electronics. Is that what it is ?

Cool.

Srinath.

Here's a for sale thread for MCM stacks that i found right here on the Klipsch community forum:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/96663-mcm-stacks-for-sale/ 

If you bother to read it, you'll find a very good description of MCM Stacks.

Mark

• Like 1