Cornwall III' s arriving in am from Hope, Arkansas

pallpoul

Hi' all,

I am so excited, ... like a kid on X-Mas Eve,..!!! My brand new pair of Klipsch Cornwall III's in Cherry arrive in am, and will be setting them up in My LR. (2.0 setup)

I would like to get advise on amplifiers choice to use with those 'babies'. I have an Onkyo 9070 Integrated, a Peachtree 220se, an Emotiva XPA-2 Gen-3, + Emotiva XDA-2 Gen-2 dac.

I will be using a CDP, a TT, and a Sonos connect streamer to play music.

Any advice you can be kind enough to provide me regarding best setup, amplifier pairing, positioning etc.... would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly new to the Klipsch Heritage line. I had my Heresy iii' s pair recently and it has radically changed my view on speakers choice,. I fell in love with the sound,. And I see myself selling all my other speakers I have in the near future, just to be content with the Klipsch heritage line of speakers.

Ty' all.

Edited by pallpoul
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Welcome, you are going to be very happy.  I don't blame you for being excited, it's a big deal, keep us posted. If the heresy changed your view on speakers I would guess the new Cornwalls will have you addicted........in a good way.

If I were you I would try your different amps, start with your favorite and compare, you won't need much power. I don't know the size of your room, to me I like them spaced out a little when possible.

How big is your room ?

If you think about it put your location, roughly in your profile, it helps people at least what part of the country you in. (not required)

Ty dtel for ur input.

I have tried to edit my profile, however the system would not let me, I am new at this, I 'll figure it out I am sure, and update my profile. 

I am located In Brownfield,  ( beautiful West Texas ). Room dimensions: 22 # 20 # 9 feet. I will update my post once setup is complete  

3 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

When did Klipsch establish a shipping facility in Alaska?  Hope you enjoy those Cornwalls, they are some of the best speakers made in Arkansas.

Ty for the correction, I was too excited and overlooked my Typo. Freight Truck called and they are almost here,..!!! Ready for some serious sound..:D

• Like 4

Congrats! Suggest take your time unpacking (savior the moment), be sure to carefully save your cartons.

Your in for fun, listening to your music collection, as it will sound like the first time, once again.

Klipsch Forte II (Crities Updates)
Klipsch Heresy III
Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Speaker
Emotiva XMC-1-AV-PROCESSOR
Emotiva XPA-5 - 5 Channel Amp
OPPO BDP-103 Blu-ray player

• Like 2

Not sure if they are still shipped WITHOUT the risers attached, but if that is the case, then:

My advice would be to listen to them WITHOUT installing the risers FIRST.  Move them around to find out where they sound best WITHOUT the risers.  Then, elevate them using books of something like that under them so that they are at the same level as WITH the risers....THEN decide whether to mount the risers or not.

Once the holes have been made in the cabinets for the risers, it is too late to fix the holes if you decide later that the risers were not a good idea.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Not sure if they are still shipped WITHOUT the risers attached, but if that is the case, then:

Mine had the risers on them already, just unpack and set up, there ready to go.