WTB. High End Tube Gear & Speakers

johnny_fever

Hi Guys.
I'm looking for a variety of vintage high end tube Pre/Amps. Single piece or huge collections. Top of the line models from brands like Brook, Western Electric, Marantz & McIntosh. Ect Ect.  Some of my favorite Speakers are Altec 820's Electrovoice Patricians & Jensen imperials. Of course I want to hear about other top of the line brands & models.
Please inbox all msgs.  I'm located in Rockford IL. Distance is no problem since I travel a lot. Looks like I might be traveling to Nebraska in the next couple weeks. If you have any gear in Iowa or Nebraska please let me know. Thanks Rick

Ps. I might be parting with my Black 1986 K-Horns

• Like 1

20 hours ago, johnny_fever said:
Hi Guys.
I'm looking for a variety of vintage high end tube Pre/Amps. Single piece or huge collections. Top of the line models from brands like Brook, Western Electric, Marantz & McIntosh. Ect Ect.  Some of my favorite Speakers are Altec 820's Electrovoice Patricians & Jensen imperials. Of course I want to hear about other top of the line brands & models.
Please inbox all msgs.  I'm located in Rockford IL. Distance is no problem since I travel a lot. Looks like I might be traveling to Nebraska in the next couple weeks. If you have any gear in Iowa or Nebraska please let me know. Thanks Rick

Budget? there is always a budget.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2017 at 11:31 AM, johnny_fever said:
Hi Guys.

Curious about your black khorns. Pm me if and when you decide to sell. I may be interested. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I have decided to keep my K-Horns, I am still looking for high end vintage equipment. Ranging from McIntosh to Brook or even Western Electric. Speakers range from Altec Stonehenge to EV Patricians. I can't list every make or model but this might give you an idea of what I'm looking for. Of course I want to hear about other items. Thanks Rick

• 1 month later...

I will be traveling from Chicago to Atlanta this weekend. Looking to see If I can find any interesting gear on the way. 
Coytee. I do some buying, selling & trading. Like most. I have the need to collect a variety of equipment. Some stays & some goes. Its nice to have experienced many different things. Rick

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2017 at 8:37 AM, johnny_fever said:

So I have decided to keep my K-Horns, I am still looking for high end vintage equipment. Ranging from McIntosh to Brook or even Western Electric. Speakers range from Altec Stonehenge to EV Patricians. I can't list every make or model but this might give you an idea of what I'm looking for. Of course I want to hear about other items. Thanks Rick

since you asked... 

woofers

(3) pairs of University C-15W woofers

pair  of Altec 416 8Z woofers

pair of Altec 515B woofers

pair of Electro-Voice SP-15 full range

(2) pairs of Altec Bolero 406-8Y woofers

drivers

Altec 908

Altec 902 8T

JBL 2470

horns

Altec pairs of 811, 511 and 805

JBL tweeters pair of 2404 baby cheek and 2405 slot 

Welborne amps - Moondogs, Laurels, DRD 45 SS & 300B SS

Mcintosh C-26 pre amp with walnut case

Welborne Reveille tube pre amp

there may be even more I do not remember... it's all packed away.. it's all in very good condition... perhaps this not what you are looking for...

some I may not want to sell with out some thought as it's impossible to replace...  I will provide pictures and prices on request...

thanks 

Al