dtel's wife

PILGRIMAGE 2017 MORE NEWS....

59 posts in this topic

We have lots of details about this year's events that will be posted in the next few days. 

Here is a start!  We've booked four bands for Saturday evening at Rodney's!  You heard it correctly, four live bands....all playing through Klipsch speakers. We have also booked a sound and lighting person!!!

We are going to have live performances of acoustic, jazz, country and rock bands!  If that isn't enough, Klipsch is donating door prizes to be given away at regular intervals during the evening and an AWESOME grand prize!

2 people like this

Can hardly wait!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Christy, this sounds really great. I did want to ask though....I would imagine that of those folks that are scheduled to attend, that there are some pretty good musicians in the group. Any chance you might be able to arrange an "open mic" jam session for those folks? Just a thought.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Christy, this sounds really great. I did want to ask though....I would imagine that of those folks that are scheduled to attend, that there are some pretty good musicians in the group. Any chance you might be able to arrange an "open mic" jam session for those folks? Just a thought.

I'm sure we could. Do you sing and or play?

I wasn't necessarily asking for myself, it was just something that came to mind when I was reading about all of the bands that you've arranged. Although, I have been playing percussion for....umm.....a few years.....now on my very last set, being latin percussion. Conga, tumbadora, etc. I used to sing a little, but then somebody punched me when I tried to sing at their wedding, and well, that was the end of that. Not sure whether it was because of my voice or that I was hugging one of the bridesmaids.....It was at the end of a long night you see......

3 people like this

i sure hope Picky brings his camera and shoots lots of video!  That would be fun to see.

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i sure hope Picky brings his camera and shoots lots of video!  That would be fun to see.

We are hoping to live stream via Facebook if we can get a strong enough signal. 

2 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

ah...i’m just destined to remain an outsider ... i’m not a Facebook user.  I’m sure someone will post some photos though.

2 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

Ah, maybe the live performances and some other select things, but, not, everything....right?  

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Ah, maybe the live performances and some other select things, but, not, everything....right?  

No, we would not live stream EVERYTHING!  We might get in trouble. 

1 person likes this

On 1/27/2017 at 8:57 PM, BigStewMan said:

ah...i’m just destined to remain an outsider ... i’m not a Facebook user.  I’m sure someone will post some photos though.

@BigStewMan I keep hoping you will decide to attend. The weather will be perfect. 

On 1/26/2017 at 6:16 PM, dtel's wife said:

I'm sure we could. Do you sing and or play?

Suuuuure. Will there be a shower on stage with spectacular acoustic properties?  Need a GOOD mixing engineer too along with a tone def crowd. I'm your man.:D

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, Rxonmymind said:

Suuuuure. Will there be a shower on stage with spectacular acoustic properties?  Need a GOOD mixing engineer too along with a tone def crowd. I'm your man.:D

Are we to assume you are attending?

16 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

Are we to assume you are attending?

Yes. You've written me in. Wifie and I are tentatively looking to come. Excited.

1 person likes this

Hi folks.  I have never been before and want to attend with my wife.  I know what's going on Wednesday but hoping to just get an idea of what to expect on Thursday, Friday and Saturday?  Do I plan to leave on Sunday morning?   We won't know anyone but hope to get to know lots of you and have a Fun Time.

I am really looking forward to seeing the Hope Factory whenever that day is............thanks for any insight into this planning of the trip.

2 people like this

You can PM me for details. I will be posting a complete Tentative itinerary this evening. 

You will know everyone by the time you leave!!

Yes, we leave on Sunday. 

10 hours ago, RLink said:

Hi folks.  I have never been before and want to attend with my wife.  I know what's going on Wednesday but hoping to just get an idea of what to expect on Thursday, Friday and Saturday?  Do I plan to leave on Sunday morning?   We won't know anyone but hope to get to know lots of you and have a Fun Time.

I am really looking forward to seeing the Hope Factory whenever that day is............thanks for any insight into this planning of the trip.

Come on and join the fun, we went for the first time last year, didn't know a soul. Made a ton of friends quickly and had a great time. Me and the wife will not miss another year. Look us up when you get there be happy to show you around. We will be camping again you are welcome to camp by us. Warning we are a fun loving kinda rowdy bunch. Lol but so is everyone else there.

BigStewMan:
Just to reassure you, both Christy and Klipsch have asked me to attend this year to shoot two ceremonies and a Q&A session. I also just dropped some bread on a brand new Full HD videocam for the job, so yes, Verna and I will be there! Thanks for asking. I am quite flattered.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 people like this

You aren't forgotten.  Hope all is going well.

Steve

1 person likes this

53 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

You aren't forgotten.  Hope all is going well.

Steve

Still "Hoping" you will join us.  @BigStewMan