dtel's wife

PILGRIMAGE 2017 MORE NEWS....

61 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

Still "Hoping" you will join us.  @BigStewMan

Thanks; but, that timeframe conflicts with my move. I sure will be glad when this ordeal is over. Besides, i’m already going to be hitting my savings account hard as I just found out that i won’t be paid until June -- can’t figure out why it takes them so long to process a retirement. But, thank God that i have enough money to cover living and moving expenses or this would be a real scary ordeal. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

Thanks; but, that timeframe conflicts with my move. I sure will be glad when this ordeal is over. Besides, i’m already going to be hitting my savings account hard as I just found out that i won’t be paid until June -- can’t figure out why it takes them so long to process a retirement. But, thank God that i have enough money to cover living and moving expenses or this would be a real scary ordeal. 

Hopefully one day you can make it @BigStewMan

1 person likes this

Just now, dtel's wife said:

Hopefully one day you can make it @BigStewMan

maybe after the pilgrimage party, you can bring everyone to Los Angeles and they can all move me up to Oregon. I’ll buy the beer.

1 person likes this

^^^^^

---- and all the Del Taco we can eat??

3 people like this

On March 15, 2017 at 6:02 PM, richieb said:

^^^^^

---- and all the Del Taco we can eat??

but of course.

1 person likes this

On 3/9/2017 at 11:22 AM, RLink said:

Hi folks.  I have never been before and want to attend with my wife.  I know what's going on Wednesday but hoping to just get an idea of what to expect on Thursday, Friday and Saturday?  Do I plan to leave on Sunday morning?   We won't know anyone but hope to get to know lots of you and have a Fun Time.

I am really looking forward to seeing the Hope Factory whenever that day is............thanks for any insight into this planning of the trip.

IF you are driving, bring lawn chairs or something to sit on. The ground may not be the best place, lots of fire ants. (Rodney works to keep them away) 

There are some really cool little shops in Hope. Nice clothes and such, (Martins)...IF you like wildlife, there are a number of cool spots within 20 miles of Hope. IF you like scary, the Gurdon light is not far...nor is the Fouke monster and don't forget the Texarkana chainsaw massacre.  I will guess that the crappie will be spawning about this time. Roy will take anyone fishing. 

3 people like this

@Trey Cannon

We captured the Fouke Monster (Southern Sasquatch) and keep it (him?) in the basement of the Museum.  There is a $25 charge for anyone who wants to view him.  

See @dtel's wife for more Detels.

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

@Trey Cannon

We captured the Fouke Monster (Southern Sasquatch) and keep it (him?) in the basement of the Museum.  There is a $25 charge for anyone who wants to view him.  

See @dtel's wife for more Detels.

I'm in but if it's dtel in a gorilla suit I'm demanding a refund.

2 people like this

39 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm in but if it's dtel in a gorilla suit I'm demanding a refund.

I would pay to see that!

1 person likes this

Should have stopped shaving and haircuts a while back, it would have been close enough.

But trey's the real monkey, he climbed up a metal pole as good as any monkey while setting up a tent in the back of the farmhouse at one pilgrimage.  

He also pretty quickly scaled and jumped the fence at the park the year Wes Jeans played for the Pilgrimage. Dang, it was hot that time.

SSH

1 person likes this

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Trey Cannon said:

I will guess that the crappie will be spawning about this time. Roy will take anyone fishing.

Roy "charges" a nominal "beer fee" for this, though...and he is ALWAYS thirsty...so keep that in mind...the longer he puts up with you as a fishing buddy the higher the "beer fee" is!  I would advise quickly getting all the fish you can clean in order to save on the "long-term beer fee" possibly involved if you tend to have a lackadaisical fishing style.

1 person likes this

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, Trey Cannon said:

There are some really cool little shops in Hope. Nice clothes and such, (Martins)...IF you like wildlife, there are a number of cool spots within 20 miles of Hope. IF you like scary, the Gurdon light is not far...nor is the Fouke monster and don't forget the Texarkana chainsaw massacre.

I'd compare Namaan's BBQ in Texarkana to be best anywhere...and I am a BBQ snob.  It's at the I-30 and Stateline Ave exit on the left, north side.  Really think the Klipsch employee feed should try them next year.  WAY better brisket than Jake's...which is decent.  At least a 9, IMHO and that last number isn't something I've used more than a few times ever for anything.  One female comes to mind...  :P

Dave

7 minutes ago, Mallette said:

I'd compare Namaan's BBQ in Texarkana to be best anywhere...and I am a BBQ snob.  It's at the I-30 and Staeline Ave exit on the left, north side.  Really think the Klipsch employee feed should try them next year.  WAY better brisket than Jake's...which is decent.  At least a 9, IMHO and that last number isn't something I've used more than a few times ever for anything.  One female comes to mind...  :P

Dave

Rodney is catering the Employees Appreciation Luncheon again this year. 

46 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Rodney is catering the Employees Appreciation Luncheon again this year. 

Certainly no argument there.  Rodney is a master chef of multiple foods, as are his sous chef counterparts in sides. 

Dave

2 people like this

I agree with Dave about Namaan's brisket,  it is excellent but Rodneys ribs may be the best I've ever had.  The jambalaya made last year was also top notch.  I'm looking forward to the food as much as anything this year.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, levrac13 said:

Rodneys ribs may be the best I've ever had.

Yes, they were absolutely incredible.  For him to cook that quantity and have them be that good is truly an art.

Yeah, and Rodney has good help:)

SSH

Anybody got a good rundown on lures that work well in Rodney's ponds...lakes?

Just now, jwc said:

Anybody got a good rundown on lures that work well in Rodney's ponds...lakes?

@Chief bonehead  he knows all the best lures!!!