dtel's wife

PILGRIMAGE 2017 MORE NEWS....

60 posts in this topic

Just now, dtel's wife said:

@Chief bonehead  he knows all the best lures!!!

Im Sure he does.  What works here may not work there.  Nice to know ahead of time......I can buy here and bring.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, jwc said:

Im Sure he does.  What works here may not work there.  Nice to know ahead of time......I can buy here and bring.

Hopefully @Chief bonehead will share his secrets with you!!!

4 minutes ago, jwc said:

Anybody got a good rundown on lures that work well in Rodney's ponds...lakes?

My birth and growing up fishing area is about 1 1/2 hr way so there is potential for difference but I like 6-8" purple worms Texas rigged, medium weight chartreuse single blade spinners and a couple of Rebel Pop-R around the Fire Tiger color. That assortment gives me a chance depending on spawn timing at this point in the year.

If they are spawning a wacky worm will slay them, will have to try a few colors till you find what they like.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, totalcomfort said:

If they are spawning a wacky worm will slay them, will have to try a few colors till you find what they like.

But maybe just post spawn when mom's off the bed and HUNGRY then anything that looks like food.

Just now, dwilawyer said:

Purina Dog Chow

Are you bass fish'n or catfish'n there Esquire?

2 people like this

10 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Purina Dog Chow

That and a few chicken livers in the big ditches in Mississippi.  Remember that.

My son and I have used many rooster tails over the years.  Easy to manage with a Kid....but he is older now.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, jwc said:

Anybody got a good rundown on lures that work well in Rodney's ponds...lakes?

like i am going to post my favorites lures on a public forum!!  geesh!!  i would give my acoustic secrets before i reveal my lures! :)

2 people like this

4 hours ago, jwc said:

My son and I have used many rooster tails over the years.  Easy to manage with a Kid....but he is older now.

JC:

GOOD NEWS.  We spoke to @Chief bonehead today, he won't post his surefire methods, but he will be happy to show you and your son in person what works.  There is one condition though.  After he shows you, you will have to undergo a glossectomy so no one else knows. A small price IMHO.  

Perhaps I can get him to accept an NDA instead?

Negotiations are ongoing.

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Dynamite

Works everytime. 

I have seen Roy catch probably 50 bass form that lake, I begining to think he just has them trained knowing they will be let loose ? He just uses the same lure he trained them with and they know it's him, I guess he feeds them when no one is looking ?

Or he can really fish, there's always that chance. :ph34r:

Oh my, this sounds like serious business.

I will bring my cheapie poles and assorted stuff that is taken to boy scout camps.  

Rule goes....If I get serious and bring tons of stuff, my son will tell me when we get there....he wants to do something else.  Happens all the time.

Biggest bet....he will want me to find a custom knife store....he is into that stuff.

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, jwc said:

Oh my, this sounds like serious business.

I will bring my cheapie poles and assorted stuff that is taken to boy scout camps.  

Rule goes....If I get serious and bring tons of stuff, my son will tell me when we get there....he wants to do something else.  Happens all the time.

Biggest bet....he will want me to find a custom knife store....he is into that stuff.

They have a custom knife store at Washington State Park

7 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

They have a custom knife store at Washington State Park

Just checked that out...it is very close   I see the Blacksmith shop.  My son loves that stuff.

On the 29th from 9-12....they are having a candle making class.  Maybe next time it will be a knife making.

http://www.historicwashingtonstatepark.com/events/details/?id=140577

knify.jpg

The blacksmith shop will be open, but they won't know until this week whether or not a blade smith will be working the forge. I told them I'd call back. I'll post as soon as I find out.

SSH

1 person likes this

@jwc we have a tour leaving the plant via bus Thursday morning that will visit PWK's gravesite, the Menorial Gardens and Historic Washington with lunch available for a small charge at Historic Washington. The tour will return in time for the Mseum Transfer Ceremony. 

I wish we could make it down Wednesday night, but I have to be in Greer's Ferry most of the day Wednesday testing coagulants at the water plant.

1 person likes this

Yea......I'm doin' my best to make it Thursday by ribbon cutting time.  This is one of the reason's I have backed out of the camper idea.  I've got to haul A$$.

1 person likes this