Chilly, so Chili!

Mallette

On 1/28/2017 at 9:20 AM, Mallette said:

Hmmm...that would be of a bit over pronounced flavor for my liking.  While I have a broad bandwidth for chili variants I prefer that the CHILIS always take the lead in flavor.  One of my favorites is venison chili...or any game meat.  Venison, being a bit lean, is best mixed with some pork. 

Dave

I have a great recipe for venison chili that I won "Best Tasting Chili" with at the annual Lake Grapevine Chili Cook Off two years ago.  The judges had no idea it was venison.  Fortunately for me, I have over 100 lbs of ground venison in my freezer (took 5 deer this season). Since man does not live by chili alone, I need to find some creative ways to cook it up.  I'm going to try smoked venison meatloaf this weekend.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mallette said:

LOVE venison steaks!  And, you can mix with pork for a variety of really fine sausages.

Dave

Yep, the venison/pork sausage is good stuff, but I always have the processor maximize for steaks.  What is left goes to sausage and ground.  Of course there is no better fare for the grill than venison backstrap or tenderloin!

• Like 1