I'm Baaack

mxr dad

After a long "timeout", I am now back to keep you guys in line again. I don't know how you made it without me but ya did! My audio hobby kinda took a back seat (unwanted) but I have to admit, I missed a few of ya. Not Carl, but the rest of you were missed. (Just kiddin ya buddy). Where do we start? Oh yeah, I remember. During my hiatus, I upgraded my electrical cord on my AVR and its AWESOME now! Oh boy, did I really just say that? Are we still debating that now days? :D 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mxr dad said:

During my hiatus, I upgraded my electrical cord on my AVR and its AWESOME now! Oh boy, did I really just say that? Are we still debating that now days? :D 

It's more... is room measurement the be all end all to know whether or not your sound system "sounds good" or, is there really any truth to hearing the difference without a graph.

• Like 1

LOL. Good to be back. My poor Lil sub has been sitting in the corner being silent and feeling neglected. I think I might be able to fire it up next weekend and blow the bugs out of there. Graph? We have them now? And here I was proud upgrading that power cable. Actually, I made my own. I found some Unicorn hair, mixed it with some frog hair and twisted em together and bound them in used bubble gum and let me tell ya, it stays put wherever you place it! I reckon I should mention no offense to anyone, just kiddin here. See there? You guys are bad influence.  

• Like 1

I have to go golfing Sunday and tomorrow I have family things going on. I'm pretty sure its looking at me right now, glaring, kinda like daring me. Thats OK though, its gonna need even more rest than its had when I get done with her. I be wrecking me some bricks soon. 

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I feel so very sorry for you.  When did this problem start?  Have you reached out for help?

Well, actually, I'm going to go impersonate a golfer. Wannabe. I did reach out for help once and the guy handed me another golf ball. Really its a great sport. A great trainer for maybe a baseball pitcher. Throwing those clubs accurately takes some skill. :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, mxr dad said:

After a long "timeout", I am now back to keep you guys in line again.

Now this is good to see, glad your back.

4 hours ago, mxr dad said:

Are we still debating that now days? :D

Not right now much, but it will probably come back around. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dtel said:

Certainly, as long as there are those of us who won't settle for less than pure copper.  Most hear the difference between things that conduct, and things that don't.

Dave

50 minutes ago, dtel said:

Now this is good to see, glad your back.

Thank you. I will for sure be testing the power cord next weekend with full force. :).  It's going to be fun cycling through the old Library of Concerts again. The wonderful thing about music is; a good song is a good song forever. The 60's, 70's and 80's churned out some great music for all genres. Time to piss off some neighbors!

14 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Certainly, as long as there are those of us who won't settle for less that pure copper.  Most hear the difference between things that conduct, and things that don't.

Dave

Copper certainly plays a big role in my power cords for sure. :)