Sling Tv

minermark

Im sure we have all seen the Adverts on the tube.

Went to the website:

$20 bucks for kind of a pick and choose. They have Add-ons form $5 to $15 everything from sports to HBO,

but hell the Tv does that already as im sure most of yours does also.

So that is Sling Tv.

I like seeing this as a wack to BS Cable/Sat charging whatever they want.

Our main Tv, the Samsung is wired to the Net, Tv is fed from the "OvenRack" Bowtie on the roof, plenty of Digital channels.

Wife likes her netflix @$8 bucks a month, so $8bucks keeps this house hold happy.

If we learned spanish, we would have another 25 channels at our disposal.

32 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Can you get Formula 1 on Sling TV? I believe nbc sports will carry F1 again this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I went to their web page and just looked up sports............not bad, not a bad line up at all.

It seems you need a basic $20 package, then add on goodies from $5 to $15, still beats Cable/Sat:emotion-21:

https://www.sling.com/programming/sports

I didnt care for sling... it seemed very limited. I triedthe set top box route (nVidia Shield 500gb) with netflix and sling and I just didn't care for it in compare to regular cable and its programming. I got bored with the limited offering of both and even though I liked the idea of being able to chose programing "at will", I can do that now with top tier Cox/Contour... albeit it for more monies (75$ cable/75$ internet)

I needed AMC, Cartoon Network, and BTN.  I was paying $100 for COX and didn't get BTN, unless I upgraded to a sports package.  Which is BS as BTN is basic programing in most regions, except regions in the BTN.  I got AMC and Cartoon Network for $20 plus Netflix for $8, and a coat hanger in the basement with 26 digital local channels,  Nvida Shield works great for me.  Still don't have BTN, but if I wanted to drop flexibility of Sling and raise my rate to $34, I could go with PlayStation Vue to get me BTN.

or add amazon... for me it began to not make financial sense.

sling was 26... netflix was 12... now were up to 38 not counting taxes and fees. say some where around 45 all in... cox is 75 all in and I get a myriad of streamable movies for free... all the channels I would ever need @ 1080p and 60fps (once they begin transmitting at that speed). I know it's another 30 bucks, but it is worth it for me... IF I CAN FIND ANYTHING ON TV THAT IS WORTH WATCHING>

Im sure we have all seen the Adverts on the tube.

Went to the website:

$20 bucks for kind of a pick and choose. They have Add-ons form $5 to $15 everything from sports to HBO,

but hell the Tv does that already as im sure most of yours does also.

So that is Sling Tv.

I like seeing this as a wack to BS Cable/Sat charging whatever they want.

Our main Tv, the Samsung is wired to the Net, Tv is fed from the "OvenRack" Bowtie on the roof, plenty of Digital channels.

Wife likes her netflix @$8 bucks a month, so $8bucks keeps this house hold happy.

If we learned spanish, we would have another 25 channels at our disposal.

Havw you checked diectvnow ? They offer i think 60+ for $35.. i got the promo where i got the appletv for a 3 months prepaid, which is a win win for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, tnycman said:

Havw you checked diectvnow ? They offer i think 60+ for $35.. i got the promo where i got the appletv for a 3 months prepaid, which is a win win for me.

No, i'll never "PAY" for Tv again, pay Tv is crap, free is the same, but the really big difference is....it's free.

No, i'll never "PAY" for Tv again, pay Tv is crap, free is the same, but the really big difference is....it's free.

Where i am i will be lucky to even get a channel over the air, i have no choice but gwt something for the locals..
I know the cable companies are bunch of thiefs.

28 minutes ago, tnycman said:

North Jersey, and its only Cablevision or the Dish, but dish Internet is a joke, so looks like I'm stuck with Cablevision for life emoji3.png

So you cannot have an "Over-the-air" Antenna?

Iv been playin with Antennas since age 10, wish it was audio, but No just electronics/Ham crap, this is a "YAGI" design, simple, cheap.

"I know antennas, and this is the bad boy, 70 + miles, even in your attic.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BoostWaves-Yagi-Roof-Top-TV-Antenna-Optimized-HDTV-Digital-Outdoor-Directional-Aerial-VHF-UHF-FM-YagAntenada200/300209946?cm_mmc=CJ-_-1319015-_-10368321&AID=10368321&PID=1319015&SID=1098877252343&gclsrc=ds&gclid=COnQmu-rp88CFYrVfgodEaIBOg&cj=true

I never went this crazy, but i sure helped a lot guys drill holes in their cars :rolleyes:

e6c73afa096d5196a0791eaa59dc6bf3.jpg

• Like 1

So you cannot have an "Over-the-air" Antenna?

Iv been playin with Antennas since age 10, wish it was audio, but No just electronics/Ham crap, this is a "YAGI" design, simple, cheap.

"I know antennas, and this is the bad boy, 70 + miles, even in your attic.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BoostWaves-Yagi-Roof-Top-TV-Antenna-Optimized-HDTV-Digital-Outdoor-Directional-Aerial-VHF-UHF-FM-YagAntenada200/300209946?cm_mmc=CJ-_-1319015-_-10368321&AID=10368321&PID=1319015&SID=1098877252343&gclsrc=ds&gclid=COnQmu-rp88CFYrVfgodEaIBOg&cj=true

I never went this crazy, but i sure helped a lot guys drill holes in their cars :rolleyes:

e6c73afa096d5196a0791eaa59dc6bf3.jpg

If it reaches 70 miles I'm about 40 miles west of Manhattan, therefore i should get looad of channels, but I highly doubt it.. i have tried many in the past with no results..
I will give this one a try..

I run the playstation vue through my house and get every channel I need.  Then I have a couple cheap antennas for the local channels so it runs me $35 a month with no contract.

I had the PS vue, but found Att Directtvnow cheaper, for $35 i get my local and more, not to mention HBO is only 5 bucks a month more..