Speakerlab 7?

hsant

Back in the 70s Speakerlab sold a Klipshorn knockoff called the Speakerlb K, with a midrange and tweeter horn panel (which is what you have) on top of a folded corner horn (which you do not have). Click this link: http://www.speakerlab.com/catalog_01_1973.html and click the "Next" button 5 times to see a photo of the K. Your double-woofer box appears to be from a Speakerlab 7, which you can also find at the link above. Examining the crossover shown in your photo should tell you all you need to know about the quality of the Speakerlab products (which could be purchased factory-made or as kits to be assembled at home by the buyer).

In 1979 I sent PWK a letter alerting him that Speakerlab was still claiming in their catalogs that their HT3500 was an exact replacement for a Klipschorn tweeter (it was not), and he sent me a letter in return thanking me and letting me know that he was going to have to put Speakerlab on notice "again" for the factual error and for their illegal use of Klipsch trademarks. Of course I still have his letter.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hsant said:

Its t35 and h350 horn?

The mid is certainly the Speakerlab, you can read the name in the photo. An HM350B... this is from their 1980 catalog. And the parts are in Speakerlab cabs, too.

Bruce

HM350B.jpg

I have speaker lab bose 901 knock off's in ply wood. I am putting actual 901 drivers in them cos I found some real 901's whose cabs had massive water damage.

Speaker lab made awesome stuff. Rather, they sold stuff to people who could have made awesome stuff.

Cool.

Srinath.

I'm a guy who was living in Seattle during the Speakerlab years. I knew some hippies who wound voice coils for them in their living room out on Vashon Island. A good friend of mine had the sevens as pictured in Silicon's post. They were great blasting Blue Oyster Cult.