need advice

Navymom

So I have a dilema, I need some advice. I have the opportunity to buy a Pioneer Elite Audio/ video multichannel receiver/ amplifier VSX-81TXV, for $180.00, but it doesn't have a remote. He wont come down on the price.. So my question is...Is it worth the $180.00, or should I keep looking. 

1 minute ago, A1UC said:

Why not buy one off eBay with remote for that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a option, the ones I have been looking at are a lot more, or they have slight problems.... Its possible that I could find a different brand. I have Cornwalls that I want to hook up to it

This unit is almost 10 years old. It only has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 output.  plus remote...

You may be buying someone elses problems. Why no remote? Most private owners have the remote. 
Where are you getting it from? 

No 3D, no 4K passthru or upconversion...  No Atmos

I would not recommend buying this.  

Take a look at the newer pioneer models such as the VSX 1031K.   has it all plus 32 bit audio processing.  $700 list at BB...  wait till its on sale!  

or if you dont need atmos and 7.1,  get the VSX 831K  at $500.  There are other great brands too! 

You dont elaborate on what else you have or what you want it for other than Stereo with the Cornwalls.  If thats all then why not wait for some vintage iron?  I picked up a Pioneer SA9800  for $40 last summer at a yard sale! 

10 hours ago, efzauner said:

This unit is almost 10 years old. It only has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 output.  plus remote...

You may be buying someone elses problems. Why no remote? Most private owners have the remote. 
Where are you getting it from? 

No 3D, no 4K passthru or upconversion...  No Atmos

I would not recommend buying this.  

Take a look at the newer pioneer models such as the VSX 1031K.   has it all plus 32 bit audio processing.  $700 list at BB...  wait till its on sale!  

or if you dont need atmos and 7.1,  get the VSX 831K  at $500.  There are other great brands too! 

You dont elaborate on what else you have or what you want it for other than Stereo with the Cornwalls.  If thats all then why not wait for some vintage iron?  I picked up a Pioneer SA9800  for $40 last summer at a yard sale! 

he doesn't explain, why there is no remote. And its off Craigs list. I have a Sony receiver right now, which is used for movies..  Vintage might be more where I want to go. I want to eventually add a amp, to see what my Cornwalls can do. I'm a new owner, I want to explore what my Cornwalls can do.

I'm looking very hard at an Integra DTR-60.5 from Accessories 4 Less.  product link.  I want to be able to run phono for vinyl, process improved audio from movies etc. out thru the speaker system & such like that.  A4L offers a 2 yr warranty, all manuals + remote, and this model has pre-amp outputs for future expansion if I want to add a power amp.

I have no affiliation with A4L but they have been recommended by some on the forum.  if it were me, due to a bit of vagueness by your CL seller, and the fact that A4L offers warranty, I am much more apt to ditch the CL guy and spend the extra $ on a piece I sure hope will last for a number of years.

good luck in your search.