Klipschorns (what is this finish? P15) maine

Ave Bona Cornwall

Not a great deal on these, but I don't know if I've seen this finish on a label before, so I thought I'd ask.

http://maine.craigslist.org/ele/5983900500.html

Frankly, if he/she gets $3500 for these with some water stains and a dent and a scratch, I'll put mine up for sale.  Does anyone know what finish P15 is?  I thought they were just Oak until I looked at the tags.

• Like 1

I have these 86 ones that look nearly identical.

I have to get pics and put em up, and mine aint any better taken care of either. They are fine till some clueless moron has to move them, and not know they come apart.

Like mine were before I got em.

Cool.

Srinath.

14 minutes ago, Srinath said:

I have these 86 ones that look nearly identical.

I have to get pics and put em up, and mine aint any better taken care of either. They are fine till some clueless moron has to move them, and not know they come apart.

Like mine were before I got em.

Cool.

Srinath.

what does your label say ? people mistake this for Oak. primavera is very rare. only seen 1 or 2 sets on here

gonna say the 1 in the label stands for light finish and the S for stain

the pie slice logos should both be in the upper right corner nailed on - don't see them at all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

I'd guess Primavera with 15 being the stain used, I have never seen pecan listed as a veneer, but it could have been a special order.

"15" is the grill cloth... Which is listed as "white/black coarse weave" in the date codes post in the 2-channel forum.

NEVER seen the grill cloth number posted on the label back then

i don't believe that its the number 5 either. i think its the letter S

its the number 1 with an S

all factory Mahogany speakers i've seen have M2 or M7 - 2 means light finish and 7 means dark finish

• Like 1

Russ is correct the finish is P1-S, Pecan makes sense.  The finish damage is not commensurate with the asking price but the rarity of the finish would.  I would not consider the Crites additions upgrades more like lateral moves.  I don't care for the CT-125 tweeter it alters the original timbre' of the speaker.  I used a pair for awhile and went back to the K-77M's.