Pricing Advice - Klipsch R-28F, Mint Condition

RoboKlipsch

I purchased a set of these last year during the BF 50% off sale.  I'm curious if anybody has a real sense of what is a fair market price.

I see ebay but don't think those seem to be fair or accurate (probably a bit high).

Any input is appreciated.   I know many have opinions of the speakers, please limit comments to helpful ones about pricing.

Thank you,

RK  

Thanks for the excellent input.  I tend to agree with you Skillz that a starting point is $450 to $500 and offer a discount from there.

I have a friend interested, so I will cut him a deal below that.

It's become somewhat complicated now imo with frys offering so many special deals.  I'm surprised Klipsch does not have an issue with them selling some of the Rii series so cheaply...RF82s at 200 each?  I guess most people don't have access to that but still the pricing is so low it must make some sellers angry that bought say the RC62 for $300+ a while back and see Frys selling it so cheap!  Not so relevant to this particular speaker but just a small rant :)

• Like 1

I would assume Klipsch just wants the 82ii's out of stock with their retailers, so the 280 is the option to purchase new.  I don't even think you can get them off their website as of a while ago.  I sold my 82ii's a week before that fry's deal came out for $500.  We have one within 15 miles of here.