cool pic of The One

20 minutes ago, twk123 said:

True story- You can use Corona instead of DeoxIT spray...

Captiva - been there, stayed there, several times.

Corona for Deoxit, sounds like a better use than drinking it. Always leery of a beer that you have to put fruit in the bottle so it might taste better. Never understood the allure of Corona - great marketing, shitt taste. Not even my new Jubes would make that swill taste better. I'm done. 

21 minutes ago, richieb said:

Captiva - been there, stayed there, several times.

Corona for Deoxit, sounds like a better use than drinking it. Always leery of a beer that you have to put fruit in the bottle so it might taste better. Never understood the allure of Corona - great marketing, shitt taste. Not even my new Jubes would make that swill taste better. I'm done. 

Most people don't know the full story about Corona.  The "problem" is the clear glass.  When UV light hits beer, a chemical reaction occurs and free radicals in tiny amounts like a few parts per billion are released.  That's why most beer is in brown bottles.  Problem is, the result is basically the same thing as what's in a skunk's glands, which is where the term "skunky beer" comes from.  It's a tiny amount but we are so sensitive to it that it changes the taste.  Because of this, it used to be considered really crappy cheap beer.  But, back in the day, some genius in the marketing department decided that all it takes is a lime to fix it, and they started marketing the same crap beer as a premium one, but encouraged the lime.  The rest is history.  Most people think it's because the lime kills any bacteria on the mouth of the glass, being in Mexico, as if that's a valid solution to Montezuma's Revenge or something, but that wasn't the origin.  

When I was younger, I had plenty of Corona,XXX's and other mexican beer.  I never used the lime or lemon for any of them.  I don't like lime or lemon in ice tea or water either.  Hell, drink the whatever beverage for what it is.  Now, if you want cheap beer or alcohol, I can supply a list, lol.

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

Great explanation Metro. So it's not just me, it does suck.

Man I spent 10+ years trying to become a brewmaster before I realized that I don't have $2 million to build a brewery the way that I want it to be done. :)  Read all kinds of weird things like that.