Truck load of Klipsch #2

richieb

In place, wired and playing. Magnificent. Gonna quickly run thru 3 or 4 amps, gather my wits and report in. Will compare to Khorns, Frankensteins, LS/Belles, Corns. Had 'em all, still have the two former. These are different. These are brilliant. These are Gentle Giants. Thanks PWK. Thanks Mr. Delgado. (Chief Bonehad isn't appropriate here)

IMG_2478.JPG

• Like 5

Well I can say they sound equally amazing with a pair of Quick Silver horn monos, 25 watt PP EL34 and a Dennis Had 10 watt KT88 SE integrated. Gonna try 'em on a 50 watt Peter Daniel chip amp over the weekend and then the George Wright 2a3 monoblocks at a Big 2.5 DHT watts. That should keep me busy for the weekend and soon thereafter the ensuing garage sale. 

Owned a un-restored Scott a few years ago, don't remember the model, did nothing for me. 

More pics with better light coming soon. 

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, richieb said:

Well I can say they sound equally amazing with a pair of Quick Silver horn monos, 25 watt PP EL34 and a Dennis Had 10 watt KT88 SE integrated. Gonna try 'em on a 50 watt Peter Daniel chip amp over the weekend and then the George Wright 2a3 monoblocks at a Big 2.5 DHT watts.

Hold up now, that almost sounds like to many choices, and going over the line as far as how much fun is allowed, well with electronics anyway.

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

I still not only look forward to every time I get to turn mine on, I still totally enjoy their honkiness!

I do, and after almost 8 years of listening, they go on before lunch and stay on until 7-8pm on average, sometimes much later. They get used alot, at all different volumes. 

On 2/2/2017 at 7:56 PM, Coytee said:

Nice!  And as a side comment... I gotta say Dtel is correct.  I still not only look forward to every time I get to turn mine on, I still totally enjoy their honkiness!

:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Isn't this true of most Heritage line? I LOVE listening to my Bell's and have a hard time leaving the couch. I spend hours listening to them. Caught my wife letting them rip at appropriate levels yesterday.:D Gotta love em.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Rxonmymind said:

Isn't this true of most Heritage line?

I think so but not like the jubes, at all.

I compare this to what I have here, Cornwall lll, Heresy' 1 and ll, and split LaScala tops on mwm bass bins.  Not a fair fight

I don't have jubes, but MWM with the 402 horn on top, is about as close to jubes as you can get. A good friend has jubes so I get to compare regularly.

After about 5 years of listening to that combination I thought it would be a good idea to go back and see if the difference was a big as I remembered. I brought in the split LaScala tops and put them on the living room MWM bins using the new AA crossovers built in the tops. LaScala has the same top horns as the Klipschorns.

I was once again very surprised at the difference, not even close, I left them like that until the next day just for fun. I switched them back realizing why I wanted the 402 horn so much, not a fair fight in any way.  Anyone could hear a big difference, it's not like you have to sit and try to decide, it's obvious right away.

Don't get me wrong, I could be happy with either the LaScalas + a sub or Klipschorns, but instead I was lucky enough to get the latest version of the klipschorn top. To me the Heritage sound is some of the best out there, I spend many (way to many) hours a week listening to a pair of original Hersey's that are out in the bar in the yard, while hanging in a hammock. 

• Like 2