Rp series

Gname78683

Hey everyone new to all of this but look forward to learning a bit from all of you.  I currently have 2 rp250f and 2 older sonys set up for my music/theatre room. The 250's sound absolutely amazing to me and the sonys actually sound pretty good with good clean power as well but im looking at replacing them so i can put them in my garage. My question for all of you is what would you do? Would you buy two more rp250's? Or would you go bigger? I was told to match the speakers in the set up but thought maybe a slightly bigger pair up front would add a bit more to my set up? Bass isnt really a big deal as my sub covers everything low pretty much. Thanks for reading! 

Yes i suppose you could consider them surrounds. I have rp250's in front with a sub then the Sonys behind which im fairly certain is wrong but the rooms shape doesnt accommodate well. Its not perfect but its better than tv speakers ;).  I use this area to entertain so im usually watching movies or playing music through these speakers. My preamp will sometimes play music 2.1 which i think its supposed to do but other times it just plays through all channels which doesnt bother me because it still sounds great. I was considering the rp280's as replacements for the sonys and then moving the 280's to the front and 250's to the rear but the biggest  difference i see between the two is the bigger woofer on the 280's?. This is quickly becoming an expensive hobby. Thanks again for the input 

• 2 weeks later...

It may be frustrating but we still don't know enough to give good advice.  We don't know about the room you are talking about and the possible issues as to where the Sonys are and where new speakers might go.  My initial comment would be if you like the RP250s, I would move the Sony's to the garage and consider either the RP240S or RP250S as surrounds, which you will love if your room allows for them, and your budget of course. 

Thanks for the advice guys i went ahead and bought the rf82ii i couldnt resist the price at $550 Those are now my mains and the 250f's have replaced the sonys. I have an hsu sub. Still trying to get everything tuned in, need to read up on "slope" and such. I ran the emo q calibration my preamp has but now i feel like it actually sounds worse than before. My room isnt ideal as its a giant "L" but im making it work for now. I dont have bookoo bucks to throw at it but maybe eventually my way down basment will turn into nice setup.