RP-140SA Crossover Setting

Ian

@Ian

@Qaletaqa  I get one pair RP-140sa dolby atmos.. crossover 120Hz but is no immersive sound, what do you recommend? other pair or change another speaker?

this is I have set up

Home theater 7.2.2 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RF-42II

Klipsch Center RP 504C

Subwoofer klipsch R-110SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Klipsch Surround and surround back RB-41 II

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA 

Emotiva BasX A-700 (only 5 channels used, center, front left, front right , Dolby Atmos left and right )

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

• 4 weeks later...

@Ian

@derrickdj1

@Davis

@Gusphan

@Qaletaqa

Hello, I have researched and thank you all for your contributions, because refining knowledge and making it easier to understand is a challenge. very well..I have read this post several times .. and the manufacturer says in the manual .. that if you use the RP-500SA and the RP-140SA as a surround you can use the 80HZ crossover (it would be ideal) but if you use them as dolby Atmos then the minimum crossover recommended by the manufacturer is 150HZ. and the truth is that I use it in 200hz and it's more immersive and dynamic ... try and tell me ... thank you ..

Home theater 7.2.4 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Front  klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Klipsch Surround RB-41 II and 

Klipsch Surround back Rp-160m

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

Panamax MR4300

Emotiva BasX A-700 (7 channels used, 2 pair Dolby Atmos front and back L-C-R)

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 7:52 PM, angelluisg said:

@Ian

@derrickdj1

@Davis

@Gusphan

@Qaletaqa

Hello, I have researched and thank you all for your contributions, because refining knowledge and making it easier to understand is a challenge. very well..I have read this post several times .. and the manufacturer says in the manual .. that if you use the RP-500SA and the RP-140SA as a surround you can use the 80HZ crossover (it would be ideal) but if you use them as dolby Atmos then the minimum crossover recommended by the manufacturer is 150HZ. and the truth is that I use it in 200hz and it's more immersive and dynamic ... try and tell me ... thank you ..

Home theater 7.2.4 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Front  klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Klipsch Surround RB-41 II and 

Klipsch Surround back Rp-160m

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

Panamax MR4300

Emotiva BasX A-700 (7 channels used, 2 pair Dolby Atmos front and back L-C-R)

Good research, thank you.

I noticed that I have put more DB(like 3DB more at least) to the Atmos speakers to hear them. I try the 200HZ and let you know.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/5/2017 at 2:16 PM, willland said:

Sorry Ian, I was going to reply but I was a bit baffled also by the lack of defining crossover specs on the Klipsch website.  Not sure what "conforms to Dolby Atmos specifications" means.

Glad you were able to better decide what crossover point to use in your setup.

Bill

The r41m is almost the exact same speaker and it's frequency is 68-21k so you got it pretty close. The smaller air chamber may be the difference between the 41m and the 41sa and your findings vs klipsch.