Heresy III

FTB

11 hours ago, ricktate said:

Well now we need to get your turntable figured out....we are here to help....no [ I told you so]  are going to happen.

Thanks. Yeah,I don't know what to do. It is far from figured out. Not sold on the speakers,one bit,or anything I have.

One frustrating mess I've created.

16 hours ago, FTB said:

Not sold on the speakers,one bit

I have used my Heresy I's and Heresy II's with many, many different combinations and they have never failed to impress me.  My experience is that some sources/amplification sound better than others.  All that I have tried(Acurus, B&K, Marantz, NAD, Cambridge Audio, Parasound, Onkyo, Denon, Anthem, Sunfire, Adcom, Yamaha) have sounded from good to great.

2 hours ago, ricktate said:

Well pretty sure its not the speakers. Maybe a little bit wrong with amp and turntable which makes it a big thing in the sound your getting. The Klipsch will reveal defects in a system you did not hear before.

Synergy between TT, amp, speakers could just be it.

Bill

22 hours ago, FTB said:

Thanks. Yeah,I don't know what to do. It is far from figured out. Not sold on the speakers,one bit,or anything I have.

One frustrating mess I've created.

I own Heresy IIIs. They are a very accurate sound reproducer. What you get out of them is the signal that goes into them. I have run them with a number of amp combos. I am not a fan of old receivers or consumer grade modern receivers. I quit using that kind of gear in the early 70s. I can tell you that if you feed them a good signal they sound just like everyone says, accurate but a tad bass shy. My favorite combo is a pair of Quicksilver mini-monos, my SLP-98 pre, and two good subs. If I was putting a tube system together today I would look at a Prima Luna integrated. 

Your phono issue is obviously a cartridge/phono pre-amp mismatch, that will need addressing but it's all going to cost a little bread to replace the Scott.   

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to give an update on this ongoing issue.

I have tried a different turntable(Garrard),not much difference, if any. Klipsch Support has been working with me, and had me buy an inexpensive amp(Yamaha). That did seem to help, maybe a little, but not the issue at all.

Now, Klipsch is sending me 2 new tweeter and 2 new Mid-Range diaphragms. I'll try those next.

At this point I am so disappointed and discouraged(blah, blah,blah).  I don't think there is anything wrong.

I'm just not digging the sound(I can not imagine who would?).

Oh yeah,I sent the Music Hall Turntable back to be inspected, by their repair guy, in Indiana(who told me it is probably not the cartridge).        

I sincerely appreciate all the replies,feedback,etc. Thanks again.

Today I got an e-mail from Klipsch support(they have been very nice) that said:"It looks like we might have sent the wrong type of parts for you. There's actually fully enclosed replacement tweeters and midranges we can send that you would not have to solder to get the speakers fixed."        So that is what happens next for me with the speakers. Try those.

Also, I have a coworkers, Polk Audio speakers playing on the Yamaha amp with the old Gerrard turntable and it sounds very good. Now, I know it is a Klipsch issue. 

On 2/5/2017 at 11:25 PM, parlophone1 said:

My be try some other source, may be a CD player. Just to eliminate the turntable issue.

Stupid one, but have you checked that speaker cables are connected properly? Is polarity ok?

this

verify phase and try another input source. the H3 is the  most dynamic of the heresy line and also has the most detailed of highs with a far more modern horn. muffled they are not

plug in a cd player and if possible another amplifier. 

unless you just don't like horns which could be possible. would you name a couple of speakers that you find enjoyable? B&W, martin logan? dynaudio, morel, focal? any of these? if so which models?

if you like polk the flagship LSi line has been on an insanely good sale off and on via adorama 

the bookshelf 703s still are https://www.adorama.com/pklsm703mvc2.html?sdtid=9829687&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

so are the floor standers actually https://www.adorama.com/pkalsim707ch.html?sdtid=9829687&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

if this is what you actually want i would not doddle. this is bottom barrel pricing for this speaker