Klipsch subs

Silverfoxvtx1800

Hello,

I need help in buying a sub....newbie here..My system is as follows..

Yamaha RX-A2060

Klipsch RF-711

Klipsch RC-6411

Klipsch RP-250S 

Should I stay with Klipsch? Looking at getting 2 subs one for each front corner. I can get 2 Klipsch R-12SW for $599 at a online dealer.

any recommendations would be appreciated. I also was reading about the speedwoofer from rsl....

With subs the room becomes important, it helps define what you will need.  Also of course your preferences, are you only watching movies or a good deal of music?  A bit more information helps to make this determination.  

You have some excellent, high end stuff.  I personally don't think the regular reference series cuts it for those.

WIthin the Klipsch line you would want the higher end ones, the R112SW for example....but again share a bit more and you'll get a better answer.

WIthout the extra info it just becomes what people like, without much consideration for your room or needs.  

• Like 1

I agree I would look into the R-112 or even the R-115. To be honest you can find the R-115 for pretty much the same price you mentioned if you look around. eBay has them brand new lots of times for 600-650 from very reputable sellers like Onecall and others. Also, check with @MetropolisLakeOutfitters and see what kind of deal he can get you. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have the R-110SW and it performs flawlessly with my RF -82II'S, R -250C, RS -52II all Reference series. I kind of wish I would have spent the extra $100 to $150 for the R-112SW or R-115SW but 110 is fine until I can afford another.

I do have 1 question for you guys. Would it sound okay to add a 112 or 115 to work along side the 110 or would that offset 1 side to much to were it would really stick out like I think it would?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

There's a ton of articles online regarding second, third, or fourth subs.  Some members here have eight of them in a room.  If your not into EQ'ing, figuring out room modes, cancellation effects, etc., a general consensus in the material that I've read, says that adding a second sub of the same type is the safest/easiest method to get the best sound.  A second powered sub of the same type will yield a 3 - 4 db gain if set apart from each other, like in the front corners of your room, or 6 db gain if you stack one on top of the other.

Adding a second sub will help to fill deficiencies in room acoustics that hinder a single sub source.  So, I would buy another sub of the same type for the easiest transition.  I'm definitely not the most educated person on this forum as I'm sure others will chime in and help.  

• Like 1