R-15PM USB Not Working

BB88

I have had an R-15PM for a few months now. I love it. Well today I tried to hook them up to my PC via the provided USB cable. And it worked. Windows 10 found it right away and they sounded great. My computed fell asleep and when I started it back up, no speakers in the playback devices. I tried reinstalling USB and Audio drivers. I have tried unplugging/powering down and plugging back in in every possible order. Shutdowns. Restarts. Different computer. All with no sound. Windows 10 sees a "USB Audio Device" but it has a "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR" error on both my main desktop and laptop. Under "Devices and Printers" the Klipsh R-15PM can be seen with a yellow exclamation marker. I also tried the optical in and it works fine. Any help would be great.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Really weird hardware fault, Windows 7 speakers broken, Windows 10 speakers broken. But how about Linux Ubuntu, speakers working without problems. So speakers are broken in Windows and speakers are fine when using Linux, that very weird hardware fault.

When Windows drivers is coming?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

My R-15PM's are also not working with USB anymore.

Tried OSX, Linux and Win10 but none of them recognize the speakers.

10 business days ago I opened a ticket with Klisch support but I have not gotten any response until now.

So this leaves two questions:

Any solution to the USB (driver?) problem? 

and last but not least: is it normal for Klipsch support to take 10+ business days to respond to a ticket??? 

Thanks

Edited by steven.haarlem@
typo

13 minutes ago, steven.haarlem@ said:

My R-15PM's are also not working with USB anymore.

Tried OSX, Linux and Win10 but none of them recognize the speakers.

Are you talking about USB and Bluetooth at the same time?

As for bluetooth connection failure, another of your devices may still be connected to the speakers and preventing  your new connection. If so, determine what device (could be a tablet or phone or computer), delete ('forget') the connection on that device, and then try to pair your pc to the speakers.

4 hours ago, steven.haarlem@ said:

Bluetooth is working fine thanks.

USB used to work but has stopped working.

Tried everything I can think of...I wonder if there is some sort of reset procedure... 

This may help: make sure you use a USB3 port and a USB3 cable!

In detail here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgjNUB_KKQA

Edited by LeftEyeShooter

yes I know, funny thing is my speakers have never been connected to a Windows computer before the problem occurred. They have always been connected to my Imac.

It was after I saw the video you also linked to that I first tried a Windows on it because my Windows machine has USB3 ports on it.

Windows does indeed report a driver issue, but as said the problem started while running macOS...very strange...

• 4 months later...

Just browsing around and thought id leave my two cents. I had several issues with the usb support regarding my set of r-15's as well. After some investigating, and extensive trial and error, I came to a conclusion. When plugged into a usb 2.0 port with a usb 2.0 cable it would give me an error such as "this device is not working properly" or something along those lines. Although when plugged into a usb 3.0 port, even with a usb 2.0 cable, the problem disappeared. Hope I helped someone, good luck.

Note. This method only worked on my windows 10 machine, and not on my windows 7 machine, also I never had any issues with Linux so rock on Debian.