R-15PM USB Not Working

BB88

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem with my R-41PM. I run Mac OS 10.15.3 Catalina.
They have been working for a a couple of years but suddenly stopped a while ago.

Sometimes they showed up as "Bravo-X USB Audio", instead of Klipsch-xxxx but they didn't work.
I got them to work by connecting them straight to a MacBook Pro USB port. (Not always, though.)

I'll try a different cable or USB Hub when I can.

This is what they look like in System Information:

Bravo-X USB Audio:

Product ID: 0x9023

Vendor ID: 0x262a

Version: 0.01

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s

Manufacturer: SAVITECH

Location ID: 0x14100000 / 26

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 100

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

• 5 months later...

Has anyone found another driver than the default Windows 10 driver that works?  My speakers stopped working around 6 months ago and have had several updates for my Dell laptop since.  I still get the same results when trying to update the driver. "already have latest driver..."  I can remove device and rescan all day with no difference.  I am currently using Bluetooth which sounds pretty good and I still have an aux port I can use if I want so I really don't have a desire to send my speakers off for repair.

Just upgraded to Windows 10 2004 on 2 laptops.  I upgraded my smaller HP first and the speakers came up as Bravo-x ONCE!  I figured GREAT, 2004 fixed the issue.  I upgraded my main Dell Inspiron laptop and....nothing.  Same issue with "USB Composite Device, Error code 10" that I've been seeing since they stopped working.  I connected them again to my HP and nothing...No more Bravo-x, just "USB Composite Device".  Does this mean my speaker's USB interface is broken?  Why would it work once?  And what the heck is "Bravo-x" that shows up on Windows AND Mac?  This is maddening.  If it didn't tease me by working once, I would forget about it.

I just received (today) a Raspberry Pi 4 and a pair of Klipsch R-51PM Active Powered Speakers to run off my Raspberry Pi 4. The R Pi recognizes the speakers, but no audio will come out of them. When I change where I am in a track of a song, the speakers make a very small static/pop noise, but not audio. I've tried every setting I can think of on the R Pi:

• Volume Control = Hardware
  • Volume Control = Disabled / 0db
  • DSD over PM = Yes
  • DSD over PM = No

I tried hooking up two other powered USB speakers and they work absolutely fine (using Volume = Disabled / DSD over PM = No). Also, taking the advice from other forums, I tried switching the 2.0 USB (that came with the Klipsch speakers) over to R Pi's USB 3.0 ports -- still, I get nothing.

I'm going to reach out to Klipsch customer support, but figured I'd first add to this thread. If I find a fix I'll post it here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Very sad 😒

My Windows 10 system which has been running with the RP-51M speakers for months stopped showing up - so no sound from the computer.

The Device Manager said STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

I tried a number of things to fix the problem to no alas.

Then I find this thread.   UGGGG!    Really ?

I replaced the power amp unit and all is well.....   for now...     Is this going to happen again !?!??!!!?  😖

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 4:42 AM, Thomas Oatman said:

Very sad 😒

My Windows 10 system which has been running with the RP-51M speakers for months stopped showing up - so no sound from the computer.

The Device Manager said STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

I tried a number of things to fix the problem to no alas.

Then I find this thread.   UGGGG!    Really ?

I replaced the power amp unit and all is well.....   for now...     Is this going to happen again !?!??!!!?  😖

I have the same issue. The Device Manager said STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR.

Where can I buy the power amp unit? How much effort is the exchange? Thank you for your answer.

Edited by malif

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 4:43 PM, telliott said:

Just upgraded to Windows 10 2004 on 2 laptops.  I upgraded my smaller HP first and the speakers came up as Bravo-x ONCE!  I figured GREAT, 2004 fixed the issue.  I upgraded my main Dell Inspiron laptop and....nothing.  Same issue with "USB Composite Device, Error code 10" that I've been seeing since they stopped working.  I connected them again to my HP and nothing...No more Bravo-x, just "USB Composite Device".  Does this mean my speaker's USB interface is broken?  Why would it work once?  And what the heck is "Bravo-x" that shows up on Windows AND Mac?  This is maddening.  If it didn't tease me by working once, I would forget about it.

My "Bravo-x" worked again yesterday!  Anyone reading this???  After all this time, we all have the dame driver error.  After you have the speaker repaired, does the USB input keep working or is everyone like me and just use aux or Bluetooth and not worry about it?  I really wish someone from Klipsch would give us the lowdown on what is happening.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 3:32 PM, telliott said:

My "Bravo-x" worked again yesterday!  Anyone reading this???  After all this time, we all have the dame driver error.  After you have the speaker repaired, does the USB input keep working or is everyone like me and just use aux or Bluetooth and not worry about it?  I really wish someone from Klipsch would give us the lowdown on what is happening.

I am experiencing the EXACT SAME THING!!!  I have a pair of R-51PM speakers that I have connected in both Linux and Windows via USB, and they have worked fine for YEARS.  Suddenly one day last week, they just stopped working in both Linux AND Windows.  They always just WORKED, plug and play, and always showed up in Windows as Klipsch R-51PM under the devices, then randomly last week, driver error.  Under Device Manager, they are now detected as "USB Composite Device" with a yellow triangle next to it.  Under properties, "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".  I have a KVM USB switch because I use a work laptop from home, and use that to share all of my USB devices between the 2 computers.  So today, I went from the work laptop over to my personal computer, and when all of the USB devices came back online on my computer, Windows popped up a message saying it found a new device and was setting it up, and then said the installation was successful.  Sure enough, it was listed as "Bravo-X USB Audio", and I switched the input on my speakers back to USB, and I was getting sound!!!  I thought GREAT, the issue is resolved!!  Went back to work and switched my USB devices back over to the other laptop, and when I switched back to my personal laptop just a few minutes later, the speakers were just GONE again, and I have the same driver error as before.  WTF is going on here?!?

Edited by LCash
edited for missing punctuation.

• 1 year later...
On 1/21/2022 at 8:39 PM, LCash said:

I am experiencing the EXACT SAME THING!!!  I have a pair of R-51PM speakers that I have connected in both Linux and Windows via USB, and they have worked fine for YEARS.  Suddenly one day last week, they just stopped working in both Linux AND Windows.  They always just WORKED, plug and play, and always showed up in Windows as Klipsch R-51PM under the devices, then randomly last week, driver error.  Under Device Manager, they are now detected as "USB Composite Device" with a yellow triangle next to it.  Under properties, "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".  I have a KVM USB switch because I use a work laptop from home, and use that to share all of my USB devices between the 2 computers.  So today, I went from the work laptop over to my personal computer, and when all of the USB devices came back online on my computer, Windows popped up a message saying it found a new device and was setting it up, and then said the installation was successful.  Sure enough, it was listed as "Bravo-X USB Audio", and I switched the input on my speakers back to USB, and I was getting sound!!!  I thought GREAT, the issue is resolved!!  Went back to work and switched my USB devices back over to the other laptop, and when I switched back to my personal laptop just a few minutes later, the speakers were just GONE again, and I have the same driver error as before.  WTF is going on here?!?

Hi,

sorry to revive over a year old thread but... I'm experiencing the same thing. Should I just contact support at this point? No matter what fix I try (factory settings, guides and "fixes" online etc) my win11 just doesn't recognize the speakers via usb-a anymore. Bluetooth, phono etc are fine, it's just the USB-A that's not working. And to make things even MORE weird, it's just on my desktop pc, on my macbook pro however, they work just fine, even thru usb while using the same cable...

anyone got their speakers / drivers working again?

Thanks in advance.