Ypao calibration with my klipsch

Bcovish

So I have the following
Rp260f front
Rp250c center
Rp240s rear
Did a ypao calibration with my Yammy and was surprised at the results.
On the manual calibration I had the rears set to small. With the ypao calibration it had my rears set to large. It doesn't sound bad just wondering if anybody else thought this was odd? Didn't really think it would hurt them since the are just surrounds. My reciever is a yamaha rxa1050
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I had an RP-280, RP-250, and used RP-150 system with a Yamaha 1050. Got the same reading, went back in and set all speakers to small since I was using a subwoofer.  When I got the Denon, it did the same, just set speakers to small after calibration.

• Like 1

Just now, RTR said:

I had an RP-280, RP-250, and RP-150 as surrounds with a Yamaha 1050. Got the same reading, went back in and set all speakers to small since I was using a subwoofer.  When I got the Denon, it did the same, just set speakers to small after calibration.

We all know WHAT our room correction software is doing, we just never know WHY.  At least I don't. 

I added a second sub last night and moved the center speaker so I re-ran Audyssey.  I was unhappy with a favorite demo disk because I couldn't hear the tubas.  There were 16 tubas, they should have made some kind of substantial sound.

I had previously crossed all the mis-matched 5.0 speakers at 80 Hz, run with the sub at 80.  Audyssey decided they should ALL be set at 40!  The next level under 40 is Full (or Large to you Yammie owners).  Well, the tubas were back!  And the rear speakers were producing a LOT more content on my demo disk than I remembered. 

Overall, Audyssey was right and I was wrong, at least to my ears.

+++

The moral to the story Mr. Covish, is maybe YPAO is trying to tell you something?  B)

• Like 2