Expert Car Camper Advice Needed

Mallette

Just acquired a 5 gallon chemical toilet for use at my Cossatot property until I get a septic system there.  I've had these before and used the chemicals specified.  While not terribly expensive, they are far more expensive that stuff like RidX.  A bottle of RidX would last for years since they recommend a quarter bottle per 1500 gallon septic tank 

Just wondered if anyone thought this might substitute. 

Dave

• Like 1

8 hours ago, USNRET said:

Does this help Dave?

Pretty much answered my question.  RidX is really more over 10 times cheaper than the others and it looks like a single capful is nearly ten time overkill for a 5 gallon tank.  A large bottle will outlast me.  Thanks, my friend!

Dave

• Like 1

You very well may have surprising odor issues, specially in warmer weather.

I had one of those on a boat, really didn't like it.

Really a hassle to take apart and go dump.

After experiencing both, I really think plastic bags and this below is much better option overall.

Dispose of bag as often as you wish.

O, and they even make "stink and leak proof" bags specifically for this use, but more expensive than regular ones.    Marc

https://www.google.com/search?q=5+gallon+bucket+toilet&espv=2&biw=1396&bih=669&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwity6Tj5oLSAhVE6YMKHUtGBfYQ_AUIBygC