Tweeters, tweeters and more tweeters!

BamaMike

So my $60 La Scalas are missing a tweeter and my Cornwall score is missing both. I pulled the trigger on a pair of Crites CT-120's for the Cornwalls. A buddy has a big ol' box of tweeters and recommends a pair of Wolverines for the La Scala.

I have high hopes for the CT-120's in the Cornwalls which... I should have singing tomorrow night. Based on the reviews here, I'm thinking they are going to sound stellar.

The La Scalas will be a bit as I have a cabinet to reassemble. Anyone use the Wolverines? They are EV T-35's. He's asking $100 for the pair. Says they MAY be new. Can't remember.

See pics...

20170208_173853.jpeg

IMG958279.jpg

508362369.jpg

You'll Love the CT-120's....I have a set in my LaScalas and a set going into my Khorns......If your buddy has any K-77 variant tweeters that are 16ohm I need to find one to complete my Solo Klipschorn that is from 1960 and 16 ohm instead of the new standard 8ohm.  The other think I can do is send my k-77 to Bob Crites and see if he can fix it.

On 2/9/2017 at 3:26 PM, bcarey13 said:

.If your buddy has any K-77 variant tweeters that are 16ohm I need to find one to complete my Solo Klipschorn that is from 1960 and 16 ohm

From what I read, the K-35 and K35B are 16 Ohm.

http://www.cieri.net/Documenti/Istruzioni/Electrovoice - Tweeter T35, T35B, T350.pdf

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:13 PM, BamaMike said:

So my $60 La Scalas are missing a tweeter and my Cornwall score is missing both. I pulled the trigger on a pair of Crites CT-120's for the Cornwalls. A buddy has a big ol' box of tweeters and recommends a pair of Wolverines for the La Scala.

I have high hopes for the CT-120's in the Cornwalls which... I should have singing tomorrow night. Based on the reviews here, I'm thinking they are going to sound stellar.

The La Scalas will be a bit as I have a cabinet to reassemble. Anyone use the Wolverines? They are EV T-35's. He's asking $100 for the pair. Says they MAY be new. Can't remember.

See pics...

20170208_173853.jpeg

IMG958279.jpg

508362369.jpg

OMG, Could I buy an X8 and X36 pair and att's for them if he had it in that box ?

Cool.

Srinath.