Which brand amplifier you recommend for klipsch rp-280

burakay

Welcome!   Please provide some more details on how you plan on using your RP-280s and the environment they sit in.  2-channel or part of a home theater?  What do you listen to and how loud?  Room size and details.  What other components are in the system?

The Marantz SR5011 is a fine feature-rich AVR and probably does fantastic for 2-channel as well.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your recommend . i got only 2-channel for now,  i use mostly to listen vocal songs ,watch live concerts and movies...i listen on not very high not very low volume and my room just 700 square feet . it connect to my android tv and projector. u think is the power handling is ok? and which avr best with the klipsch rp series?

Edited by burakay

54 minutes ago, pbphoto said:

Welcome!   Please provide some more details on how you plan on using your RP-280s and the environment they sit in.  2-channel or part of a home theater?  What do you listen to and how loud?  Room size and details.  What other components are in the system?

The Marantz SR5011 is a fine feature-rich AVR and probably does fantastic for 2-channel as well.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your recommend . i got only 2-channel for now,  i use mostly to listen vocal songs ,watch live concerts and movies...i listen on not very high not very low volume and my room just 700 square feet . it connect to my android tv and projector. u think is the power handling is ok? and which avr best with the klipsch rp series?

Everybody has a different idea of what's "best" with Klipsch.  You have efficient speakers in a small room and listen at moderate levels, so the amps builtin to most AVRs will be fine to start.  The Marantz SR5011 is a good recommendation - the other manufacturers have similar AVRs in this price range- Yamaha RX-A860 for example.  Get an AVR with decent power and all the features you want - especially pre-outs so you have the option of adding a dedicated amp in the future.  Enjoy.

• Like 3

Only bad thing about Marantz is that MDAX can kick on if you have a compressed source, and sometimes that sounds awful with Klipsch.  It's especially bad if you run Audyssey so you've got room correction, then get a compressed source, then MDAX makes it bright, then you run it through some horns, just not the best combination, but luckily you can turn it off if you want.  Otherwise that stuff works fine.  Recommending stuff based on no budget is a little hard though.  If you had the funds I'd say look at the nicer Denons, they have lots of great features especially if you are planning on Atmos, plus their amps are nicer than most offerings nowadays.  

• Like 1