LaScala Grill Options

3 hours ago, Innocent_George said:

The guy is starting the doghouse ! bd0c2d7f570c78faa894c9604917a425.jpg

Can't tell everyone how excited I am to go see these in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice grain matching. This is obviously the most difficult and time consuming area to veneer on a La Scala. Still fun though!

Looking very nice!

Ugh so we ran out of veneer doing the dog house.... One inside wall is short by 2 inches while doing a vertical run :(. So I had to order more while he started on the other speaker. Here is the newest veneer from the factory. Hoping it works out and matches up well. If not I think I might just have him do both outside walls for the doghouse in this. Make it even on both sides. Still haven't decided on what fabric I'm gonna use for the grill cloth either. At least I got my tweeters ordered and new glass for my McIntosh :D 

unnamed.jpg

P.S. if anyone doesn't know it already @MookieStl and @Matthews are some great people and I owe them both a case of beer!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Innocent_George said:

Ugh so we ran out of veneer doing the dog house.... One inside wall is short by 2 inches while doing a vertical run :(. So I had to order more while he started on the other speaker. Here is the newest veneer from the factory. Hoping it works out and matches up well. If not I think I might just have him do both outside walls for the doghouse in this. Make it even on both sides. Still haven't decided on what fabric I'm gonna use for the grill cloth either. At least I got my tweeters ordered and new glass for my McIntosh :D 

P.S. if anyone doesn't know it already @MookieStl and @Matthews are some great people and I owe them both a case of beer!

Pretty sure Matthews doesn't drink, so I will take his case!

Seriously, it is not hard to find some real good dudes (a few dudettes) around here willing to lend a hand. I am glad to be a small part of your project as it looks like it is going to turn out to be a killer set of speakers. Just hoist one up for me when you first fires these babies up.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2017 at 4:36 PM, CECAA850 said:

Who is doing the work for you?

Brett from https://www.facebook.com/2ndTimeAroundRestorations/ He is a great guy located out in Pittsburgh. Makes it easy enough for me to get back and forth once the time comes to that. Edit: He is a user on the Klipsch Forums, not very active though. 

22 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

That woodgrain is too pretty to hide behind some grill cloth.

We are only going to the cutout with veneer have to hide it somehow! I guess ill be waiting till I see them in person on how they look. I do know my fiance wants top grills at the least. Time will tell and ill keep everyone updated. 

If you don't like they way they are turning out, you can always Duratex over that unsightly wood grain.

I can save you some trouble and swap my Duratex LS's for these homely boxes. Just a thought, I'm a giver.

Let me know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

If you don't like they way they are turning out, you can always Duratex over that unsightly wood grain.

I can save you some trouble and swap my Duratex LS's for these homely boxes. Just a thought, I'm a giver.

Let me know.

A "giver" for sure. One of those that gives till it hurts. You not them! But certainly a generous offer --

• Like 1

Thanks Richie, I thought it was generous too. In many cases the duratex speakers are equally desired. In the dark, in the rain, as a plant stand, etc. Plus in my defense, not that I need to defend the offer, my duratex LS's ain't all that bad.

post-60988-0-78480000-1463244384_thumb.jpg

• Like 3